What is the hardest part of dieting?

Options
Between the nutrition or the workouts, which do you think is the hardest?

Personally I think it is harder to not overeat, but I do struggle with the motivation to go to the gym too. I feel like dieting is 75% food and only 25% exercise and its kicking me in the butt sometimes. Especially when its TOM and the cravings set it!

What do you guys think? (Btw feel free to add me ^^)

Replies

• Emporor_Augustus
    Options
    For me, the hardest part isn't the overeating, but the not eating bad things that I should avoid. I mean, I can keep to my portions during breakfast, lunch and dinner, feeling all good about myself, but then I'll be watching TV and suddenly I'll want those chips or those cookies. I have such a salty tooth and the cravings drive me mad!

Exercise is tricky too, it's so hard to want to do it after working 8 hours (which I do every weekday), but I usually feel so proud of myself afterwards. It's that "I accomplished something" feeling that allows me to get motivated.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    For me the hardest part is working out everyday. I literally have to force myself most days
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    hardest part is snacking... especially if there's always fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies in the house. =(
  • xerotolerance
    Options
    For me, I think it's eating. I love being active & exercising, but I struggle with binge eating especially late at night.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Breaking the bad habits
  • sarge634
    sarge634 Posts: 42
    Options
    For me it would be temptation and motivation
  • Mizzylizzy
    Mizzylizzy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The hardest part is working out, but then again so if not overeating or eating unhealthy...luv chocolate snacks :D. I'll be good for the entire day until it gets to around 7pm-8pm which is around the time I eat like crazy. ..or just super unhealthy. Idk they r both difficult
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I think the hardest part is staying motivated when you arent losing!
    Also getting back on it after having a few off days!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Neither.
    The hardest thing is accepting that you can't just change your habits for a short time - you have to learn healthy habits for life.
  • dgbiggz
    dgbiggz Posts: 25
    Options
    I agree with ChaleGirl! For me it's KNOWING you are working your butt off burning those cals & eating healthy & you still see no change. I was more than off track for a couple of months, I'm back on it now & for the last few weeks NOTHIN'!!! It's frustrating for sure & it makes you think "why bother" even though you KNOW why, but dang....come on body - gimme SOMETHIN'!! :grumble:
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    We have to just keep that motivation up!!!@dgbiggz
    Ive accepted that this week has been a bad week lol
    Also I suppose if something isnt working we have to be motivated and determined enough to change the programme!!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    For me, the hardest part isn't the overeating, but the not eating bad things that I should avoid. I mean, I can keep to my portions during breakfast, lunch and dinner, feeling all good about myself, but then I'll be watching TV and suddenly I'll want those chips or those cookies. I have such a salty tooth and the cravings drive me mad!

Exercise is tricky too, it's so hard to want to do it after working 8 hours (which I do every weekday), but I usually feel so proud of myself afterwards. It's that "I accomplished something" feeling that allows me to get motivated.

This^^^
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    The unplanned things: when I have to stay at work late, when the weather ruins my running plans, when I find myself in situations I haven't prepared for.

I'm fine when I follow my weekly routine or have an alternate set of back-up plans. It's much harder for me to make healthy adaptations when I haven't considered them into my back-up plans. In short, making adaptations. This mostly happens on the weekends or on vacations. Most of the rest of the time I know how to stay on track.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    For me, it's not eating all the sweets and the larger portions I used to eat.........
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Exercising. Ugh.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    The temptation from my friends. All they like to do is hang out in the bars and eat terrible food. My best friend was suppose to be on the journey with me but gave up in the first week.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    The food. I always am hungry especially I started the 30 DS.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I think it's just the tedium of it all - constantly having to pay attention to calories and weighing/logging all the foods I eat.

I didn't 'diet' at all - my calorie cutting was really quite minimal. Also, I love to exercise. So, if I had to pick, I would say the hardest part was just getting in the practice of logging everything.
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    not eating bad foods is the hardest part. working out after awhile is very enjoyable for me. i love the feeling i get afterwards and i enjoy the challenge of pushing myself more each time. TOM is a challenge all the way around b/c i become very tired as well as have cravings. sucks.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    appetite management.
    saying no to free food that I know is going to cause me problems.