Frustrated

Options
I have been on MFP for a while now but got off track so now I'm dedicated. Well, my frustration is that I have been trying to eat right, I work out in the morning & walk/run 2 - 3 miles in the evening. I am not seeing any results! MFP had my calories at 1200 so I increased them but I am still not sure if it's enough. Also, my concern was that if my calories were 1200 and I'm exercising 1041 up then what do I do? I read that calories out beat calories in but I'm still confused. I am working my butt off to see no results. My sister & gym partner @ knitter says its only been a week but I feel that I should have lost sumthing....HELP! Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    It could depend what you are eating, if I saw your food diary I could help, you also might be losing fat and gaining muscle, take measurements! Although, not much will happen in only a week, keep it up for longer. :)
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    If you are burning an extra 1000 calories a day, I'd suggest eating back at least 300 or 400. So that gives you 1200 from MFP + 400 from exercise=1600 for the day. If you feel sluggish the next day, it means you didn't adequately fuel your body, adjust and tweak the calories you eat back from exercise until you find a percentage that works for you. It may be the full 1000, it may be 500, but once you find a balance your body will respond. Good luck and don't give up, it takes a little time to find the sweet spot.
  • lja7269
    lja7269 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been at this since for 9 weeks. I have weeks where I have lost 3.5 lbs and weeks where I have lost 1 or nothing...UGH! I have pretty much done the same thing each week. This week for instance I stayed at or under my calories, walked or ran for a total of 19 miles and also ran bleachers a couple days. Only lost 1lb all week. Weeks like this are frustrating but when I look back and see that in 9 weeks I have lost 25lbs I can pat myself on the back. Just keep at it and you will see results.
  • Drea760
    Drea760 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you! I have calculated what my daily calorie's should be & adjusted it from 1200 to 1746. After you see my diary any advice would be appreciated. I wonder if I'm eating to many carbs.
  • torlau
    torlau Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Fraustrated. I am on Jenny Craig since Nov 2011 and have lost 20 lbs so far. I was working out and thought that I was entitled to the extra calories due to excerciing. My consultant told me that I can not have more than 1,200 cals a day. Once I reach my goal than I can have the extra calories.