Hello MFP!

Options
Hi, I'm Amanda. I just started with MFP about 2 weeks ago and have had an amazing start. I have about 70lbs to lose but I set small goals because big goals just end in failure for me. I'm 29 years old and a single mom to the most amazing little girl. She's deaf/hard of hearing and is my greatest inspiration in life. She lets NOTHING stand in her way! I want, no NEED to succeed in getting healthy so I can always be the best mom I can be to her. I'm looking to grow my support system and would love to meet more people. :)

Replies

• Simmie69
    Simmie69 Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amanda. I just started with MFP about 2 weeks ago and have had an amazing start. I have about 70lbs to lose but I set small goals because big goals just end in failure for me. I'm 29 years old and a single mom to the most amazing little girl. She's deaf/hard of hearing and is my greatest inspiration in life. She lets NOTHING stand in her way! I want, no NEED to succeed in getting healthy so I can always be the best mom I can be to her. I'm looking to grow my support system and would love to meet more people. :)
    You will ALWAYS have my support.
  • Zepplipop
    Zepplipop Posts: 33
    Options
    Hello Amanda! I'm Meg, welcome to MFP. I'm looking to expand my support system as well, it's what keeps me going. I have a 100lb journey, and nothing is going to stop me :).
  • Tbirdsmom
    Tbirdsmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Meeting you Simmie has been a god sent. Your daily post and blogs are so inspirational to me. In fact I've had one of your daily post written on my white board for a few days now. Because it applys to not just my healthy life style change but my entire life. "we succeed only when we first realize our failures are the preparation to our victories!"
  • Tbirdsmom
    Options
    Hello Amanda! I'm Meg, welcome to MFP. I'm looking to expand my support system as well, it's what keeps me going. I have a 100lb journey, and nothing is going to stop me :).

Hi Meg! Good to meet you!! I love your attitude!! :)
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a pretty awesome community. I've got your back if you want/need it. Just send me a request.
  • Simmie69
    Simmie69 Posts: 72
    Options
    Meeting you Simmie has been a god sent. Your daily post and blogs are so inspirational to me. In fact I've had one of your daily post written on my white board for a few days now. Because it applys to not just my healthy life style change but my entire life. "we succeed only when we first realize our failures are the preparation to our victories!"
    Thank you Amanda.. You are a ROCKSTAR and will succeed! You got this..
  • LUVNME94
    LUVNME94 Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi Amanda! I am here to give you support.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and best of luck to you! you will do great!!!
  • Tbirdsmom
    Options
    Welcome. This is a pretty awesome community. I've got your back if you want/need it. Just send me a request.

Thank you! Good to meet you :)
  • Tbirdsmom
    Options
    Hi :) Thank you! :)
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Feel free to add me the more support the better for both of us :D
  • Tbirdsmom
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and best of luck to you! you will do great!!!

Thanks so much! I am looking forward to this journey :)
  • jbdmrowe1993
    jbdmrowe1993 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am very excited to get started on this program! 2 years ago I joined Weight Watchers and sucessfully lost 40 lbs. but life caught up with me and I have gained half of that back. I really need something to motivate me and keep me on track and this looks like an great way to do it! I am excited to hear from all of you and your personal successes and little things along the way that each of you have had to overcome. Good Luck to all of you! Wish me lots luck as well!

Brandi :smile:
  • lilyjaney2
    Options
    Hello! I will support you if you want me to! I want to, but I am only fourteen. Please send me a request of you want me as your friend, I would love to be yours! :)