It's working!!!!!

Coco_Puff
Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
Okay, I did it!!! I started eating back my exercise calories and the scale is moving and the inches are comig off. The place I notice it the most is in my underwear, they don't cut into me anymore. I also added deep squats, deatlifts and elevated split lunges to my circuit training. The belly fat is going away!!! At age 54, I can't believe it!!! Thank you guys for all the great advice!!!!! You Rock!!!!

Replies

• Congratulations!! That is very exciting! So glad to hear of your success so far. It is very encouraging. I'm 42 and had resigned myself to the peri-menopausal belly, but much to my delight, I have lost 4 inches from my belly in the past 6 weeks. So it's great to hear that this type of success can continue. Thanks for sharing! And I hope you have more continued success as you go along your getting fit journey!
  • I need help! I can never meet my calorie intake what am I doing wrong?
  • how many extra calories do you typically earn per day? I am not eating what I exercise & not losing at all. Usually average 400 cals per day but only eat the 1200. help!
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Yeah!! Congrats!
  • trs86
    trs86 Posts: 5
    Just eat to bring it above the 1200cals mark!! I set my goal calories at 1600 - 1800 and then aim to burn 600ish during excercise... so far so good.
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    I found that I had to also eat my exercise calories back and once I did that I started losing weight. Seems counter-productive but you will lose inches as well, and sometimes those are more important than losing weight. Keep up the good work!
  • LinsiJM
    LinsiJM Posts: 2
    Wait! Are we supposed to eat those calories that we burn?? Im so confused!
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    great job keep with it eating back exercise calories is important to some people it works. I just need to convince my wife about this
  • Coco_Puff
    I need help! I can never meet my calorie intake what am I doing wrong?

I will bump up my calories by having p-nut butter on apple slices, healthy nuts, protein shakes, egg whites, and healthy oils. These should help you reach those numbers without having to eat junk. Take it easy on the portions. I have 20 nuts as a serving, 1 tsp. of oil as a serving. I tablespoon of p-nut butter as a serving. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    yes if you are already limited on your intake the exercise calories go into your total and you can use hem up it works
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member

Totally depends on the person. Some have to eat all, some a few, some none...you have to figure out what works for you :)
  • Coco_Puff
    how many extra calories do you typically earn per day? I am not eating what I exercise & not losing at all. Usually average 400 cals per day but only eat the 1200. help!

I get 1310 calories given to me by MFP for days I don't workout, then I add 363 calories, which I earn from 40 min. of circuit traning. That gives me 1673 calories to eat to support my workout, build muscle and lose weight. I ciruit train 4 to 5 days a week. Hope this helps.
  • Coco_Puff

Yes you are. The number MFP gives you when you fill out your profile does not, I repeat, does not factor in any exercise calories until you enter your exercise you have done for the day. What ever that number becomes, is the number of calories you need to eat. This allows you to lose weight and develop firm skintone. Why starve yourself to lose weight, and have saggy skin? Workout and build muscle and eat heathly foods to support your muscle building!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!