Another newbie here

Options
zkjmum
zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
Hi everyone, I just joined this site after it was recommended by a friend. My name's Emma, I'm a 28 (soon to be 29) year-old single mother of three young children and I've recently become a university student, with the aim of becoming a primary school teacher.

I've had weight problems my whole life. I had a couple of stages where I was thin, one in high school because I never slowed down to eat, and another when I was 19 and lost over 30kg with Weight Watchers.

I'm really tired of the low self-esteem I have due to my weight and I don't want to suffer through my 30's the way I have through my 20's. Now is the time to take action.

I currently have 52 kg to lose (or 114.4 lbs). It's a lot of weight and I'd love to get in touch with other's who either need to lose as much or more than me, or who are on their journey to losing that amount.

Replies

• Dita2810
    Dita2810 Posts: 9
    Options
    This is a good place to start...I'm a newbie too ^^..
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Well I don't have to loose that much (total 63 pounds) But Congrats on joining and feel free to add me support from all types of people who need to lose from all ranges is great and the more support the better.

I believe in your goals and believe you can do it! I'm a univeristy student too and making it happen :)
  • Happinessgrl
    Happinessgrl Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We are a great group of folks and we are on the same journey... feel free to add me!! Welcome aboard and Good Luck!

We've got your back.
  • CinthyN
    CinthyN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm new here too. I'm Cinthy, 33 (soon to be 34 in May), a mother of an 8yr old son ... and I am morbidly obese. I currently weigh 117kilos.

Obesity has become part and parcel of my whole life. I was the biggest kid in my class (in school), in college and right now, even at my work place. There was a point in time, where I exercised like crazy and watched what I ate and I was hovering at about 82kilos. But that was a long long time ago.

I hope to be motivated by all the success stories here and all those who are on their positive journey to a healthy lifestyle. My first mini goal is to loose 18 kilos.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    add me as a friend if you want. Will help in any way
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    Hello newbie!
    :)
    Please feel free to add me and I will send cheer and good karma from Canada!
    I lost 50 pounds right around the time I turned 30 and am the last journey of losing the last 15 and then maintaining. I guess I want to share that it can be done!
    This site is AMAZING and the support is truly a positive tool!
  • Clarimusic00
    Clarimusic00 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm always looking for new MFP friends! I don't have quite that much weight to lose but I do have 50+ pounds to go. I love the support from this website!! Anyone is welcome to add me :)

PS I am a K-5 teacher!
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I'm new too, just started Tue. So far so good! I'm 39 years old wife and mother of 3, My career is psych in behavior health with adults ages 18 to 64 years. I was a over weight teen and most of my adult life. I found out about MFP through a woman at my local Curves and was so impressed with her weight loss and her story, I had to try this what did I have to lose other then some unwanted lbs. I've never been the skinny type thick but never really fat ,till I had my last child which turned out to be a disaster, 1 year and 3 months ago my baby was born sleeping to me at 39 weeks full term. I was in shock I lost all of the weight, then the depression came on,then the weight hit me like a lead tone of brikes, I was 140 lbs post pregnancy and then I gain my baby weight plus back, till I hit my all time high of 225. I would loss a few lbs and then gain them back. Each day is battle with my weight I'm hoping and praying I can take charge and control of my weight before I'm way out of control. Thanks for all of the impressive real success stories that inspire all of us that are joining! I'm on my journey to a healthy life style and weight loss!

Lori
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It's a great feeling to join such an active group of people with similar goals. I'm going through and adding people now. Lori I'm so sorry to hear about your angel xxx
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you Emma 0:-)