Stay at home with 3 under 3, struggling to stay on track.

Options
I had some success with get my eating and exercising on track last year and then had some life stuff happen and started back sliding. So I have been trying to get it together since December in hopes that I would be back on track, but no such luck:( I would like to hear from stay at home parents with toddlers under 4years old. How do you do it? Its seems like my 3.5 year old son and 2 year old twin daughters, always come first and I end up eating their pb and j crust. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Zee

Replies

• kymdarnell
    kymdarnell Posts: 101
    Options
    Hi, sorry I have no advice/help and I'm not a SAHM but I use to be (now have teenagers) and I just want you to know that it does get better - feel for you and know what you are going thru . best of luck xx
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Would it help if you journaled out your day first thing in the morning or before you go to bed the night before. And then during the say just follow the list? I love a good list and it takes a lot of the "work" out of it....just thinkin. Good luck mama :)
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM during the week. My kids are 1 and almost 3. It's all about control and keeping a schedule. I get up at 4 am every other day and do slim in 6, after I shower, make my breakfast and eat it. Kids wake up I feed them. 12 is nap time, then clean and get in some exercise and eat lunch. My kids either eat lunch before or after nap, they snack alot on fruits and cheese. Lunch for them is usually chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, hot dogs, pizza rolls, tator tots, pb&j, ect, I control myself from eating any of thier food. We all eat the same dinner. They both go to bed at 8, then I do Insanity. I don't eat any of their food and exercise regulary. My oldest son ate a pop tart this morning and I wanted to eat it too, but it is not in my diet plan, I just had a bottle if water and then I was fine.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Mine are a bit older than yours (7,5, and 3) and I remember those days of just finishing their plates because I absolutely hate wasting food. One day, I told myself that my health and goals were more important than their last bit of mac & cheese. The few dollars you'll throw away are worth it. Or else you could just wrap it all up or feed those crusts to the birds. I seriously used to keep an old bread bag in my freezer just for those crusts. It was a winning situation for all of us-no more crusts for the kids, an outing to feed the ducks or birds, and no more garbage for me. That being said, I totally ate some bites of my kids' pizza & cheeseburger today. Oh well!
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I work from home have 3 kids but onnly 1 little one she is 2. I have kid food and mine. Also they eat very little processed food so that helps. But I always make my food and hers example while making pbj I make my food and serve at the same time. We have whole wheat and oat pancakes in the freazer always and she still loves pureed baby food. I buy her yogurt and eat my greek. I eat leftovers all the time and make everyone extra of their favorite so it is easy.
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    I had some success with get my eating and exercising on track last year and then had some life stuff happen and started back sliding. So I have been trying to get it together since December in hopes that I would be back on track, but no such luck:( I would like to hear from stay at home parents with toddlers under 4years old. How do you do it? Its seems like my 3.5 year old son and 2 year old twin daughters, always come first and I end up eating their pb and j crust. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Zee

First off self control! I have a almost 3 year old and 5 month old. My 3 year old always try's to feed me her food and sometimes won't eat it if I try it first. I have barely a schedule to mine or my kids day. I put effort into my food so I can enjoy it instead of the nugget or pbj, as for exercise goes I saved up and got a treadmil, weights, and a workout DVD and I do my workouts when I find time. I wish I had a better schedule but I am losing weight slowly
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    i know what you mean about having young children mine are 6,2,1 & 2 months i've noticed for me keeping a food journal and planning out my meals the night before has helped me with weight loss and i just try to get in at least 10 mins of exercise afew times a day
  • kkbeard
    kkbeard Posts: 20
    Options
    I struggle wih the same issues. Just trying to get back on track as well. My goal lately is logging EVERYTHING I eat. Before I pop that last chicken nugget from my 2yr olds plate in my mouth, I think, do I really want to take the time to go add that to my "food tracker"? So far it's working. Also, my kids love to exercise with me and are getting pretty good at push ups! Good luck! We can do this!!
  • dodiemt
    dodiemt Posts: 2
    Options
    The key for me is feeding the kids food I don't like but they love. I can't stand Kraft Mac and Cheese or Chef Boyardee (blech!) but my kids gobble it up so I feed it to them and then eat my healthy lunch. We all eat a healthy dinner together. I get my running in while my baby is napping. It's not easy but I am trying. And I just order a kid's meal for myself too for their Friday eat out day--a chicken nugget kids meal with light lemonade and apples is like 300 some odd calories.
  • SanDiegoSarah
    Options
    Hi! I know how hard it can be when you are forced to not put yourself first! :) I have a 2 year old and 4 year old and what has worked for me is to work out at home. I'm lucky that I have a supportive husband that takes the kids when he gets home so I can work out. We converted our extra bedroom into a workout room, so all my gear is there and there is no time wasted for packing a gym bag, driving to the gym, etc. If he's out of town I just work out at night after they go to bed. I also have a little calendar where I schedule my workouts and try to reach a certain number of workouts each week. Then I check it off when I do it. Eating - that's my struggle, hence why I'm here. I snack too much being home all day. I've been logging for about 15 days now and I'm down 5 pounds, so I would recommend to log everything (if you aren't already) and it really does work! You can do it, you're worth it!!! :)