Advice you had to learn the hard way :-?

Options
There are no shortcuts in life.

I fought this one to the bone, i wiggled thru much consequences and fortunately, i realized my headstrong stubborn ways were wrong. Theres no easy way, no quick way, no shortcuts. U get what u put in & u earn what u get out.

Anyone else learn the hard way?

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Weight loss has taught me that no good thing comes without sacrifice, dedication, but above all, desire. If you want something bad enough, you'll do what it takes to get there. Otherwise, you succumb to failure.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    The pull-out method doesn't work.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Always trust your gut...even if your heart says something different.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Don't try to tough through an injury
  • AnneH1977
    AnneH1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That boy is no good.

Don't drink all of that.

No one is going to give you the kind of life you want except you.

Finish college when you're young. Its harder to do it when you have house, children, etc... (It IS)
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    It won't last forever
    It's really not greener on the other side
    insecurity makes you miss out on alot of things
    and never, NEVER get in a car if you have to pee. There's just no telling when you can stop.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Ego is the cause of most injuries (and not just physical).
  • SoSheDid_
    SoSheDid_ Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    and never, NEVER get in a car if you have to pee. There's just no telling when you can stop.

THIS!!!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Don't keep secrets from your wife
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options

Tee hee hee...
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    Ego is the cause of most injuries (and not just physical).

I literally just read Eggo, like as in Eggo waffles. It sounded both intriguing and delicious. You make a good point with ego, but I am actually disappointed it wasn't Eggo. That would make for an interesting story.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options

Tee hee hee...

Learned that one the hard way too lol.
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    Everything happens for a reason (I don't believe this is true. I used to try to believe it was)

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger (some things are just *kitten* and getting past it doesn't make you stronger, there are a whole range of different outcomes after tough times, not just strength)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    There are just some things that cannot be fixed.

Just because they have a degree saying they know what they're doing doesn't mean they actually do.

Some people will hate you because you're different, hating them back just leads to too many therapy bills.

Even just plugged in, a curling iron can still burn when touched.

Sometimes no matter how much you want to do it or think you can do it, you can't.

When you are a giver, you will attract receivers who are just that and will never return your virtue.

Those meant to protect us are, sadly, sometimes the one that hurt us.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Never rush things out especially in love & marriage. I had a secret marriage with my ex & that was my one big mistake that I still regret up to this day, not to mention that I live in a country where there is no divorce & I need millions just to file an annulment whose process can take many many years or even forever. Now I need to get out of this country just to get married :sad:
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Since they **** out some words...this post has been edited to be PC....enjoy :

Excrement does not flow downhill (Own your own company, and you find this out really quick)

No matter how excrement-ty your day/life/work/pain/<insert what ever here> is, Someone is always worse off than you are and would do anything to be in your shoes.

And to compliment that :

Do not female dog or complain unless you are going to do something about it, if your not going to do anything about it then STFU.

Admit that you are sometime wrong. <---I'm still trying to learn this one!
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result).
  • Nessalee77
    Nessalee77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Don't give advice, unless it is specifically asked for , and even then watch for signs that they don't want to hear what you are saying and don't push the advice.

Edited to add - I am still really struggling with this one.
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Oh yea....use sunscreen :laugh:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger (some things are just *kitten* and getting past it doesn't make you stronger, there are a whole range of different outcomes after tough times, not just strength)

^^ THIS!

I have many bad memories of the past, so bad that it killed my self-esteem & now I'm traumatic.