Giving Up Is Not an Option

Options
This past week has been a hard one.
I slipped up once or twice the week before and then got into a mindset of
"I can't do this. I can't make healthy decisions. I may as well give up"
While I tried to keep counting calories, it no longer mattered to me if I was 100 calories over or 1000 calories over.
The more I went over, the worse I felt. The worse I felt the more I ate. The more I ate the more I went over.

This morning I was rummaging around in my drawers when I came across a stack of shorts.
"I remember these" I thought to myself. I had bought them two years ago as motivation shorts.
Size 15.
I had never worn them.

The year (two years ago) I bought them I was 190lbs.
Last June I was at my heaviest at 225lbs.
Today I am 186lbs.

I wasn't thinking of these numbers when I decided I would try them on.
Thinking to myself that there was no way in hell they would possibly get past my thighs let alone button and zip up.
But...

They did!
Sure they were a bit snug. But it's only March and not quite shorts weather yet.

And that's when it hit me..

I can do this!

:)

651if7.jpg

Replies

• prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    nice feeling isn't it?
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • tsmith8
    tsmith8 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's how I've been feeling lately also; it's so hard to get out of that vicious cycle! Thanks for your post!
  • MACsFitMom
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    This story made me feel warmer and fuzzier than some of the stories where people have already reached their goals! You have captured how so many of us feel - the struggle to keep going, even after we screw up over and over again.

I keep reminding myself that I might not hit the mark every single day, but tomorrow is another chance to get it right.

Congrats on the shorts! My fingers are crossed that I'll be able to fit into some of my shorts this summer, lol!
  • monica2434
    monica2434 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The crazy cycle of trying to make lifestyles changes.. one moment your happy, the next your not... But the awesome thing is, your not immune to staying heavy and giving in--- you have continued to get better and its shows. Now by fitting in your shorts, will give you another goal to reach. I too hope to be in my short shorts this summer. Good job girl..... and on your bads days just think about how bad you felt at your heaviest..... you'll definitely feel better about yourself because you have achieved so much. It's all a journey...
  • naseak
    naseak Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing. Sometimes hearing about someones struggles, yet they are succeding is just what I need to hear when having a bad week.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love this. What awesome motivation!
  • tessa022707
    tessa022707 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this....I was feeling the same way, tired of weighing and counting and same old "healthy" food, posting and tracking and your post made me realize I, like everyone else on this journey, am only human and bad days and funks will settle in but I can move them off and keep on keeping on because I am worth it. So thanks....
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    thats where i get to use my word Hawesome

Hot and Awesome in one package
  • gurl0411
    gurl0411 Posts: 75
    Options
    putting on clothes that can finally zip is one of the best feelings in the world
  • hellomeghan
    Options
    That's so awesome! You look amazing, and you aren't even at your goal weight yet. I'm so happy for you! Keep it up, it's only going to get better from here! :)
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    That's great! (:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You know what......
    Not only CAN you do this, you ARE doing this!!

The fact that you're fitting into those shorts (and looking fabulous) is proof.

Hold that thought for the rough days - I've come to realise that while the choices you make each day are really important, it's keeping going even when you aren't making the right choices that is the most important thing of all.
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what i needed to read!
    Ive had a really bad week,
    But realisically there will always be bad days,
    For me this is a lifestyle change and NOT a diet,
    Of course I'm going to slip up!
    I think I'm just going to enjoy those days of indulgence,
    But get back on it the next day!!

Its not sustainable to say I will never eat junk again or have a bad day!
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Amen to everything you had to say....congradulations on getting them zipped! I have been where you are...hell I'm there now...but l agree with you whole heartedly...GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION...you look fabulous by the way!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!