DISAPPOINTED in the people of MFP!

Options
2»

Replies

• Evelyn_22
    Evelyn_22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have had this happen a few times as well. The trick is to post a random topic that everyone has to click on when they read it. Then ask your question. LOL
    Ask again while the thread is still going.
  • britniseubert
    Options

Thank you, Rubybelle! Maybe that will do the trick! :smile:

And I do realize that there are a million factors that go into responses to posts, I tried to mention that when I posted my disappointment. I'm also not disappointed with everyone, I just expected that at least ONE person would post something back!

I thought maybe if my topic subject was a little more eye-catching, that this time around I'd get a little more response.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Could be worse. You could have to opposite & have people tell you to divorce your husband, & that he's a monster.. all cause he does not give support for my weight loss.

{{hugs}}..... I'm sorry nobody gave you feedback.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I did see your original post, and I must say that when I read the topic: In dire need of advice and then saw that your "dire" need was that you need to lose 9 pounds, I was a bit dismissive. I understand that you are frustrated, but the word Dire just didn't seem to fit.

Here are my suggestions:
    1) Be happy to be 22 and 139 at 5'5". I wish I had been. Instead, I went on one crash diet after another and wound up over 200 pounds.

2) Track what you eat, but work on healthy eating rather than a magic number on the scale.

3) Work on being more active and getting fit, and your body will be gorgeous for your whole life.
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    This post is proof positive that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. No advice when needed, but when you whine...just look at all the freakin' posts. Yes - this is definitely disappointing!
  • leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This post is proof positive that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. No advice when needed, but when you whine...just look at all the freakin' posts. Yes - this is definitely disappointing!

Quit complaining. :)
  • geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sometimes no response can be better than the rude responses people seem to be leaving lately. :frown: MFP doesn't feel as nice of a place as it used to be.

thats exactly why rarely stick my hand in the forums often you get alot of smart *kitten* mean nasty comments on message boards from people who think its ok to be mean and nasty to strangers cause.. well i dont know why you would do that to someone
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    i see you have 9 lbs to go... Not too bad. Keep up the good work.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the internet. Take a number, it gets crowded here.
  • carleyfunk
    carleyfunk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't usually get responses either unless they are from my friends.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I must say I am a little disappointed.

I don't typically post topics on the message boards because I'm always afraid of not getting any feedback and the other day I posted to get some advice because I have been having a slightly difficult time over the past few weeks and exactly what I was afraid of happening happened! Not one person gave me feedback or advice!

I understand that there's tons of posts every minute but I always see people getting support from other members and it's rare I see a only 1 post topic.

I still love MFP, I was just hoping for a different outcome when I made myself a little vulnerable by posting my own topic with pictures to get some advice. :frown:

I think you can see now that there is certainly support at MFP.

A single post is VERY easily skipped, as there are many hundreds it has to "compete" against.

My suggestion for support? Find and add MFP friends. They are your first line of encouragment, and they will see your posts and comments
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options

I think you can see now that there is certainly support at MFP.

A single post is VERY easily skipped, as there are many hundreds it has to "compete" against.

My suggestion for support? Find and add MFP friends. They are your first line of encouragment, and they will see your posts and comments

THIS, and it wouldn't hurt to make your profile public.
  • Tammy6591
    Tammy6591 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You'll always have a mix of people here and anywhere that's public. If your posts don't get responses, repost and continue until you get a hit.
    As someone stated, the weird thing is some "rediculous" posts get a lot of hits. Makes no sense sometimes.
    I would have to say most of us on MFP are here to support one another and not to make anyone feel the way you felt.
    ~Tammy
  • penroseg
    penroseg Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    and then you see the dumbest posts with 1387 responses .... hmmm ... :ohwell:

It is annoying. I've had that happen too!