The Firm Express

Options
Picked up the Firm Express set today, planning on starting fresh on Mondya with it. Has anybody else tried this program? Any tips or suggestions if you have??

Replies

• rungirl27
    Options
    Hi I just started this on Sunday. I do workout 3 tomorrow. Love it so far! They go by really fast and you feel great after. I also have been trying to do a little walking after the workouts.
  • AllieFit
    Options
    Here's my suggestion...warm up before starting the workouts. I have found that if I'm already warmed up, I can do each exercise more intensively, without worrying about getting hurt. I warm up for 5-8 minutes by marching, then I start do squats, heel lifts, the V-step, and even jumping jacks.

I also add a second routine on days when I feel pretty strong - maybe the Pump It Up workout or the Abs workout, or even jumping rope. I've ordered other short workouts by The Firm and I will add them to my workout after I've done the Express DVD. I have also done 2 Express workouts in a row, and by the second one, I'm spent. Even if you get through 5 min or 10 min of a second Express workout, it's a true accomplishment!
  • MadgeleneHarper
    MadgeleneHarper Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How is the firm express going? I just started today.
  • sarajmitch79
    Options
    Had a rough start, was all gung ho and between work schedules, school schedules and holiday events I have fallen WAY off track, at this point I'm hoping to get back on track at least a little bit this week (had to buy a pair of pants and almost cried in the dressing room)
  • ahedrick99
    ahedrick99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it since Sept and I LOVE it!!!!!
  • ahedrick99
    ahedrick99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Posted 2x on accident, sorry! I will look into my measurements and post my results if anyone is interested but I have gone from a size 14 to a size 10! Very excited by the progress I have made! Good luck to you all :)
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I started The Firm Express in December 2011. If you have completed the program, please share your story. I am wondering if I should continue with the program, or try something different. :smile:
  • hollymoore922
    Options
    How are you tracking The Firm workouts in MyFitnessPal? It's a mix of cardio and weights? Wondering what everyone else is doing.
  • amzasmommy
    amzasmommy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking The Firm workouts in MyFitnessPal? It's a mix of cardio and weights? Wondering what everyone else is doing.

I just ordered these this week after loving their longer workouts. I ordered a hrm and watch that tracks calories so I can put in the correct amount of calories burned. I'm just sticking it under cardio (that's where I put the longer ones).