Help!!

Options
I am on a course next week for work and staying in a hotel for 4 days - I can't think of any healthy snacks/food beyond fruit.

I am in the zone and really want to keep eating healthy food but choices will be limited - I am stressing!!

Please help

Replies

• donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I always pack some almonds, pistachios and yoghurts when I am on courses. Sure beats the cakes etc.

Donna
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    4 days, that's all, don't worry, you know you can lose any that you gain, I think the key is to be concious about what you eat and drink, and don't get carried away, do as much walking as you can, and drink plenty, this will fill you up before eating too, and prevent you from eating too much.
  • Ericgunner
    Ericgunner Posts: 109
    Options
    Don't stress yourself out. It's only four days. If you do overindulge enjoy you will be surprised how quick you will drop the extra, and I suspect it would do you metabolism. Good to eat normally for a while. Sent a friend's request, as well
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    nuts and dried fruit
    protein bars
    protein shakes
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    preparation is key if you want to stay focused. I agree it is only four days but for myself if I get off track for four days it would be hard for me to get back to it! fiber one brownies are good, there are all kinds of healthy bars, even slimfast will do in a pinch as they have a lot of nutrition surprisingly. ff popcorn, ff pudding cups, fruit of course, nuts, cereal, pb and jelly is not bad if you put it on wheat if you want to control your lunches. usually you can find a salad at any fast food place or restaurant if you skip the dressing. bring some turkey or chicken also and check ahead of time if the hotel has a fridge! I always bring a cooler in case they dont. we are going on vacation next week and I will be bringing a cooler with all of those foods I just mentioned! I love turkey, cheese and crackers with some apple on the side for lunch sometimes also when traveling.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Don't forget you can order food 'plain' at restaurants. It's just fine to order a chicken breast with nothing on it- just bring some spices of your own :) Or salsa.. you get the idea.
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    Stay away from alcohol, soda and deserts =]

When you're eating, make sure your plate is 50% greens, 25% meat and 25% carb =P
    trust! it works when you're going on holiday
  • colgosling
    colgosling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I called the hotel and unfortunately no chilling facilites but I have had some great ideas from you all and my healthy snack list has grown - thank you :drinker:
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    Buy the 100 calorie snacks. It will make it easier to track.
  • rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    GUMMY BEARS ARE MY HERO!
  • WittneeT29
    WittneeT29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Definitely nuts and fruit. You can also take string cheese. Even if there is not a cooling facility you can take a small (lunch bag sized) cooler and fill it up with ice from the ice machine every night. If there is a continental breakfast, swipe some of the plain oatmeal and mix it with protein powder and some sweetener and zap it in the microwave.

Take light popcorn to pop. Even if there is no microwave in the room, they will have one somewhere that you can use. Have fun being away for work!