Cant eat meat on Friday..

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    If you want something delicious, put together a mezze plate with falafel, hummus, baba, tabouli, dolmas, olives, maybe a hunk of feta cheese.

If you want something less delicious but still good, make a big salad with tofu, boiled eggs, and/or chickpeas for protein, or spaghetti with vegetarian meatballs (Trader Joes has 'em), or just a good old veggie burger with baked beans on the side.

Yes... All of this!!
  • JohnFox27thCentury
    Options
    Beans mixed with rice...you wouldnt believe the combinations you could come up with.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    There's a green movement named Meatless Monday with some great meatless recipes: http://www.meatlessmonday.com/
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    plain pizza for me
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    im doing grilled fish w/ rice and salsa for lunch.
    and plain cheese pizza for dinner
    :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Cajun red beans and rice.
    Bean burritoes
    Broccoli peanut stir fry
    Tofu & veggie stir fry
    Black bean soup & salad
    Lentil dahl & a side veggie
    Hummus, cucumber, spinach & tomato wrap
    Roasted root veggies with kale & slivered almonds
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    Options
    Home made veggie pizza; meatless spaghetti; beans, I love beans espically during lent they are so versital. Look up some vegatarion options, or try fish cooked a new way.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Cajun red beans and rice.
    Bean burritoes
    Broccoli peanut stir fry
    Tofu & veggie stir fry
    Black bean soup & salad
    Lentil dahl & a side veggie
    Hummus, cucumber, spinach & tomato wrap
    Roasted root veggies with kale & slivered almonds

No true cajun would make red beans and rice that didn't have sausage in it... IJS
  • flutestarkiss9
    flutestarkiss9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit bad, but I keep frozen fish in my freezer. Pop 1-2 in the oven for lunch or dinner.
  • ski0721
    ski0721 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Here are my options today:

baked haddock
    tunafish sandwich
    salad with egg and avocado
    pizza
    sushi
    YUM!
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Hummus and Flatout chips for lunch with my normal fruit----pasta with cheese for dinner. I make sure to drink milk on lent Frdays so I get a good chunk of protein in.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Tostadas!

I spray a corn tortilla with Pam cooking spray and bake it on a baking sheet at 350 until it is crispy. Add refried beans, lettuce, tomato, salsa (I put parmesan cheese on mine) It's fast, easy and good :) Happy Friday!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm having grilled salmon, steamed snow peas and rice. DH jokes that it puts a new meaning to the words "lenten penance".
  • amzasmommy
    amzasmommy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Lentil tacos, black bean enchiladas, or lentil meatballs are all super tastey. We put these in our rotation frequently because I can fool my meat loving teens and so with them.
  • olgaluisa
    Options
    Peppers and eggs, I also grew up on it, I'm an Italian native New Yorker. potato's and eggs, asparagus and eggs, It's an Italian thing. : ) Never ate meat on a friday.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    black bean noodles with sauteed onions, peppers and tomatoes and a balsamic sauce
    anything made with quina
    tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich
    any casserole with beans in place of the meat.
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    No, it's a Jersey thing, too.. I thin it's just an "Italian" thing (Obviously I am Italian).
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Eggplant parm, fettucine alfredo w/ broccoli, plain cheese or veggie pizza, ravioli, squash and eggs, peppers and eggs, pancakes, grilled cheese w/ pesto and tomato, veggie tacos, salad w/ lots of veggies and a boiled egg, eggsalad. Hope these suggestions are helpful, good luck! :smile:
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    for me lunch is a good old fashioned pb&j and an apple
    dinner is still up in the air but maybe trader joe's mac nd cheese with veggies or something pizza related!