Things that terrify me...

Options
Pizza parties, birthday cake and buffets... why don't my friends get it when I don't want to face temptation?

Replies

• xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Things that terrify me are dying and getting old. :indifferent:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    The thought of anxiety taking control again! X
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Other drivers, my in-laws and spiders.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Have you tried chewing gum? I find that it really helps when I am surrounded by food that I am having a hard time resisting.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Why should your friends stop living life because you dont want to face tempation?

things that terrify me: grasshoppers and clowns...
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend tried to bring home cheese cake last night. and i told him "ive just lost 8 out of the 40 lbs that i wanna loose, and your gonna bring cheese cake home *long stare*" he got the point lol.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am terrified of being trapped in my house during a fire. Don't sweat the food temptations. You are stronger than that. Bring your own food or have one slice of pizza and a salad. You can do it.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    The thought of having a tape worm, 8 feet long living inside my intestines! lol
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    "The two most terrifying words for a woman in the English language = pool party."
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Options

If I had an 8 foot tape work in my intestines I would name it, something like Bob or Ted.... lol
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    The thought that there could be *gasp* no white wine in the fridge on Friday nights
  • caringforme
    Options
    are my nightmares, of which I have at least 5 a week!
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The bigshot on top of the stratosphere in vegas.... We always pay at the bottom, wait HOURS to get to the top, and I chicken out.. drrives my hubby crazy!! In fact, most amusement park rides scare me... mostly the big shot though... I always think its going to fly off the top of the stratosphere and Ill be hurtled across vegas only to slam into a hotel and die.
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Other drivers, my in-laws and spiders.

LOL- 2 Post Ive seen you mention your inlaws...

Oh and Ostriches terrify me.
    I got chased by one when I was little for my PB & J sandwich. Needless to say, he got it.
  • marigold77
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. you're right... these food anxieties I have sometimes are nothing in the grand scheme of things. You're words are totally encouraging! Thank you... I'll just portion control, and you're right -- I can beat this down!!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options

If I had an 8 foot tape work in my intestines I would name it, something like Bob or Ted.... lol

I would read it story books before I went to bed at night. sigh. if Only I had a friend that was always with me.....
  • GW1970
    GW1970 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mostly Postmen atm.
    (had one pull out in front of me in his van, whilst i was on the motorbike last week, at least i know my brakes work)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    You are the one making a life change, not your friends. You have to learn to have will power, but realize that you can still enjoy the occassional indulgence without going overboard.

I am terrified of spiders. They give me the creepy crawlies.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Options

I would read it story books before I went to bed at night. sigh. if Only I had a friend that was always with me.....

I would totally read it story books before bed too, and talk to it randomly out in public especially while grocery shopping "What do you think Ted, would you like some bananas?"
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. you're right... these food anxieties I have sometimes are nothing in the grand scheme of things. You're words are totally encouraging! Thank you... I'll just portion control, and you're right -- I can beat this down!!

Good girl! I am glad that you were inspired in the midst of your stressful situation! :)