St Patricks Day ! Calling All Irish ........ !!!

Options

Replies

• chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Celebrating my Irish heritage with an Irish breakfast tomorrow (and of course some baileys in my coffee, and guinness and jameson to follow!)

Beannacht!
  • mammyg
    mammyg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Driving from Cork to Tipperary - Not long way to go!!!

A weekend of Sports(Ireland v England on St. Patricks Day gotta love it), parades, Mothers Day and a long weekend to boot...could more temptations be put in my way?

It's going to willpower all the way and everything in moderation, to use just a few classic phrases to get me through the weekend.

Lá Fheile Phádraig to all.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm proud to be an O'Connell....maiden name :) Lots of Irish going on here...I will be in Kansas at the St Pattys parade :drinker:
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Cork, Ireland also!! hello neighbour!!! hope it doesnt rain too much tomorrow!!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Married to an Irish girl, went to schools that were almost entirely Irish, and my kids half Irish.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I'm proud to be an O'Connell....maiden name :) Lots of Irish going on here...I will be in Kansas at the St Pattys parade :drinker:

My Mom's side are O'Connells...and I am in Kansas, too! Likely, we're related :)
  • helcb
    helcb Posts: 13
    Options
    im in cork , bringing kids to parade !!!!!
  • CharlottetheHarlot
    Options
    I'll be celebrating with my family in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. My family is Irish (Williams) and I married into an Irish family (Corkery). I might even have a beer...or two!

Slainte!
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm from Dublin, live in Westmeath and tomorrow will bring the kids to the parade and then maybe back to the pub for our dinner (not a fan of drinking with kids in tow!).

I bought hats, badges, t-shirts, face paints, flags, green hair spray and tri-colour hair clip ins today. I have a cool pink paddy's day cowboy hat :) I'm such a loser!!

Down with this "patty" ****e!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fun
  • alyssbrkr
    Options
    Hello all! Erin Go Bragh!

I am 75% Irish and VERY proud!

Unfortunately, I will be working this St. Patty's Day and won't be able to see the parade in NYC (I live on Long Island). Very upset about that :(

Also, tomorrow marks "Lucky 7" for me- 7 years since my scoliosis surgery! Luck of the Irish, let me tell you!

Happy St. Patty's Day all!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Thank god you didn't say Patty's Day... that really pees me off! It's Paddy's Day, or St. Patrick's day, take your pick people! Lol

I'm celebrating in Temple Bar in the heart of Dublin City x
  • Samij106
    Samij106 Posts: 1
    Options
    I will be doing yard work and hanging out with great friends
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'll be drinking, of course.

Guinness? check.
    Jameson? check.
    Bailey's? check.

I am pepared! I'll be celebrating with Car Bombs in Southern California :bigsmile:
  • AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Will be celebrating 17 years of marriage! And yes, I'm quite a bit Irish.:love:
  • ashhills
    ashhills Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from Dublin. My first name is Aisling, and my maiden name is O'Grady. We live in Portland, OR so of course we have to go to Kell's for the St. Paddy's day festival! My daughter is so excited, she wants to have the flag painted on her face (again).

Already made some soda bread for my coworkers today, making potato soup for dinner, and tomorrow we will be dining on lamb stew and shephards pie.
  • Mrs_Moose
    Mrs_Moose Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    il be celebrating paddys day in wicklow,ire
    eldest lad is in the parade so be watching that and then off to the pub for drinks and some irish dancing;)

ps were did st patty come from???
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm part Irish (a large part). My name is Eryn :) Not sure what plans are, but I believe we will be hanging out with another couple for St Patty's! The woman is named Shauna, and she is originally from Limavady!
  • IrishMinx32
    IrishMinx32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I will be ditching work to celebrate my heritage and to celebrate my 15th wedding anniversery with the hubby!!! :drinker:
  • missg2032
    Options
    Hi! I have been a member of fitness pal for over a two years and just started using it today! Glad to be part of the community and wanted to say that I will be celebrating in Springfield, IL-the sister city of Killarney, Ireland, and I am 20% Irish. :) I think that's enough to count!! Enjoy the weekend everyone!