Starting 30 Day Shred Monday - what equipment do I need?

I just ordered 30 Day Shred on Amazon and should get it Monday morning. What equipment do I need to buy to start the program?

Replies

• girl6_nyc
    girl6_nyc Posts: 37
    hand weights (I started with 5 lbs) and a yoga mat. Thats it.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    hand weights (or a pair of water bottles!) and a yoga mat if you're working out on a hard floor (nothing needed on carpet, a blanket or large towel would work too). So, basically nothing!
  • galededras
    galededras Posts: 45 Member
    Great! Thank you!
  • amblee125
    amblee125 Posts: 92 Member
    Let me know how you like that Dedra..I was thinking about trying it as I have seen LOTS of good results from others on it.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    I'm starting 30DS on Monday too. Jillian is a beast. EEK!

I'll be using 3lb weights cuz I'm a wuss.
  • embosma
    embosma Posts: 1
    I started it a couple weeks ago and still have not purchase hand weights. I've been using Spaghettios cans. :P
  • galededras
    galededras Posts: 45 Member
    I'm hoping it's not quite as tough as Chalean Extreme. I legit missed two days of work after my first Chalean Extreme workout because I was so sore!
  • wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    hey guys I JUST finished the shred!! I used 3 lbs weights but not for ALL workouts (some i used nothing). By the end I was using 3 and 5 lbs weight...so just buy them as u need them.

Tip: if you arent using any....MAKE SURE YOU ARE CONTRACTING YOUR MUSCLES when you do the moves....for example, on week three when she makes you hold the weights while doing butt kicks...you should feel your bicepts flexed and BURNING! ...

I loved it!

I give it a 5/5 ....and don't be psyched out if you don't lose any lbs ...I actually gained the first few days then dropped total of 8 lbs in 30 days ...but my body is TIGHT....I have "guns" and my quads are defined without me having to flex them -_- lol I love it.

Plus its a great short workout...about 25 minutes including warm up n cool down! you can do anything for that long!!

hope you enjoy it!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Hand weights and a mat (I use a folded beach towel). You will love it. I am starting level 2 tomorrow. completed level one x 7 days. What a difference in the way I feel.
  • MeliciousGibson
    MeliciousGibson Posts: 248 Member
    You guys might have just motivated me to do this!!!

THANKS!
  • For those fo you who have done it, can I do it using resistance bands?
  • wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    In the first level you should be able to though the last move in the third level may be hard since the band will have to stretch a lot making it more resistant than using small weights....more power to ya though if you can do it!! the first move on the third level you may need a small band, Ive seen people lay on it to hold it tight down as they lift their arms (you'll see what I mean in the video lol)

Level two should be easily switched, the two weight moves I've seen done with resistance bands before.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 811 Member
    I started 7 days ago! Level 1 was a bit easy for me, so I did Level 2 (I hope that is ok??) and I've been using 6lb weights. I also sometimes switch it out with resistance bands. Seems to work!

Love Jillian so much!!
  • Hiya
    Ive just received my 30 day shred DVD and am huddled on my sofa watching it.....gulp! I hope I'm up to the challenge!!
    :-)
  • just bought it! for a fiva and the results people are getting. gotta be worth a try! plus i can do it at uni! :) weedy
  • anarjackson
    anarjackson Posts: 79 Member
    hey guys I JUST finished the shred!! I used 3 lbs weights but not for ALL workouts (some i used nothing). By the end I was using 3 and 5 lbs weight...so just buy them as u need them.

Tip: if you arent using any....MAKE SURE YOU ARE CONTRACTING YOUR MUSCLES when you do the moves....for example, on week three when she makes you hold the weights while doing butt kicks...you should feel your bicepts flexed and BURNING! ...

I loved it!

I give it a 5/5 ....and don't be psyched out if you don't lose any lbs ...I actually gained the first few days then dropped total of 8 lbs in 30 days ...but my body is TIGHT....I have "guns" and my quads are defined without me having to flex them -_- lol I love it.

Plus its a great short workout...about 25 minutes including warm up n cool down! you can do anything for that long!!

hope you enjoy it!!

That's awesome! I ordered mine and should it get tomorrow! Excited!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    I am starting the 30DS Feb. 10th, 2014. Love the results and the motivation everyone has!