What do you eat with peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Have you tried PB2? Kind of amazing... compared to regular peanut butter, the fat and calorie savings are significant. And it tastes good too.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Try adding it to oatmeal. I eat chocolate chip Quaker instant oatmeal with a couple TBL of peanut butter chips (like chocolate chips, but pb ones) its delicious! Might not be that "healthy" for you, but oatmeal is good for you my version is just more like a "dessert"

Like the idea of trying it with oatmeal. Sometimes it's nice to have something that feels a bit special rather than just plain ol' porridge!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Banana, apple, or on bread or crackers usually
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie with peanut butter, tinned pears in juice (don't include the juice to minimise calories) and milk (your choice - skimmed or soy or whatever works). I wouldn't have it every day, but if I haven't eaten enough it's a good way to boost your calories at the end of the day.
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    Melba toast, apple, or a banana.
  • britlem
    britlem Posts: 49
    Options
    rice cakes yummy!!
  • sharonucd
    sharonucd Posts: 145
    Options
    adams all natural crunchy peanut butter with sugar free strawberry jam and orowheat sandwich thins....total meal is 320 cals and I eat this healthy cal pb&j almost every morning for breakfast. :)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not I eat it with Petite Carrots.

i used to dip carrots in it too..but i mash up a banana with it and put it on toast usually
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I eat it on, um, EVERYTHING...?!??!?!?!?!

apples
    bananas
    carrots
    pretzels
    crackers
    oatmeal
    spoon
    bread
    cheddar cheese
    chocolate
    muffins
    pancakes
    celery
    chicken
    like, really, anything.

I'm down with this list except the cheese and chicken ideas. Chicken? ...really? Explain.

LoL

I agree. hehe

Have you never had chicken with peanut sauce? It's delicious. I love PB and cheddar cheese also.
  • charliesmagic
    Options
    Oh gosh, peanut butter is good on everything!

- on wheat toast
    - on a banana (cut lengthwise, smear a bit on and enjoy!)
    - on apple slices
    - on celery
    - on carrot slices
    - on rice cakes
    - on my finger

Yum!

Perfect!

ONe more: add a tablespoon to hot chocolate. Liquid Reese's right there. (And if you want to make a healthier cocoa buy the unsweetened powder, add it to your favorite milk/milk substitute. Add a little vanilla, your favorite sweetener and mix thoroughly. (Or buy a minimally processed hot chocolate mix where you add milk.) It is about a 100 calorie treat without peanut butter with almond milk. 200 calories with a bit of peanut butter. You could reduce the cals with a sugar free sweetener. And the real cocoa powder has iron and fiber.

OK - LOVING the "Liquid Reese's" idea!! Gonna try that one this weekend. *droolz*
  • KellyEdwards85
    KellyEdwards85 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    oooh try it on eggo waffles with some sugarfre syrup. You will never eat waffles the same way again :)
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i love cheese whiz and peanut butter toasted sandwiches
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    carrot and/or celery sticks, apple slices, old fashioned oats (uncooked) & a little maple syrup. Less often whole grain crackers or bread.

Sometimes when I'm in the mood for comfort food I mix peanut butter with maple syrup (about 4 parts pb to 1 part syrup) and dip pieces of bread in it. That was one of my favorite snacks as a kid.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and a banana...and 2nd fav is with an apple
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    oh yeah , forgot, i like it on pancakes and had bananas and i roll it up like a cigar.........lol
  • Heuer69
    Heuer69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just had peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch :)
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Another idea for a late night snack that I often do when Im craving something desert like- a few ounces of plain fat free greek yogurt with a tablespoon of sugar free pudding mix. My favorite is Jello sugar free cheesecake pudding mix
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Bacon....
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    apples
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not I eat it with Petite Carrots.

Me too!!!