Diet Pills/Energy pills/and as I like to call them Pooping P

Options
2»

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone here and that you need to get off the pills. I just want to add that I see from your profile that you have young children, would you want them to take these pills when they get older? You are their most influential role model so what you do impacts them as well. You may think you are hiding all this from them, but kids see and understand a lot more than we give them credit for. Not to mention you want to be around long enough to actually be their role model and watch them grow up.

You are obviously a loving, wonderful person, we just want you to be as happy and healthy as possible.:flowerforyou:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Poison Ivy is all natural but I sure wouldn't eat it....

Wow, and why would you want to take stuff that hasn't had any real long term studies - you never know what it's really doing to you?

Or take something that other people have died (yes, no one has died on Hoodia right now...but thats what they said about Phen Phen.....)? Why take the chance?

As beautiful as you are....and with sweet, small children. It's truly a shame.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    i just like taking them...its my own personal choice....It keeps me on track when i am trying to eat steady...its different when i'm maintaining my weight, but if i dont take them then i tend to fall off track....i think taking those pills are way healthier than eating mcdonalds burger king kfc and pizza for every meal...with no exercising...if i have exta pounds on and I dont have a routine I'm used to then thats what i do and thats what i've done...some people go to get surgery done, some people can just do it without any aids....I need that mental fix to keep me inline...I think it's way healthier to take these pills for a few months than to continue skipping breakfast eating lunch that consists of a double quarter pounder with a large fry along with a medium fry and 10 nuggets downed by a large coke and then for dinner having half a large pizza with 3 things of garlic sauce and later that night drinking a liter of coke and eating a whole bag of chips or gardetto's along with a chocolate candy bar and then even sometimes having a whopper from burger king and a large onion ring with another large coke

I'm sorry if posting something about diet pills upset everyone but from my personal stand point until i reach a normal weight I will either go from one extreme to another...I am very compulsive and if there is no routine and order and yes the pills are a part of that routine than i will go back to eating like i described as the above and that was a brief description, not listing all the foods i would eat...I have a very addictive personality and fast foods is one of those addictions i guess...but i'm sorry i would rather fit these pills into my lifestyle for a few months until i get down to a steady weight i want to maintain which like before is 110lbs...then i stop taking them and keep at a certain weight....So where as a lot of people say not to take them...for me personally I feel like I need them otherwise I will eventually falter and go back to the way i was eating before...I know because I've done it many a times....
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    i just like taking them...its my own personal choice....It keeps me on track when i am trying to eat steady...its different when i'm maintaining my weight, but if i dont take them then i tend to fall off track....i think taking those pills are way healthier than eating mcdonalds burger king kfc and pizza for every meal...with no exercising...if i have exta pounds on and I dont have a routine I'm used to then thats what i do and thats what i've done...some people go to get surgery done, some people can just do it without any aids....I need that mental fix to keep me inline...I think it's way healthier to take these pills for a few months than to continue skipping breakfast eating lunch that consists of a double quarter pounder with a large fry along with a medium fry and 10 nuggets downed by a large coke and then for dinner having half a large pizza with 3 things of garlic sauce and later that night drinking a liter of coke and eating a whole bag of chips or gardetto's along with a chocolate candy bar and then even sometimes having a whopper from burger king and a large onion ring with another large coke

I'm sorry if posting something about diet pills upset everyone but from my personal stand point until i reach a normal weight I will either go from one extreme to another...I am very compulsive and if there is no routine and order and yes the pills are a part of that routine than i will go back to eating like i described as the above and that was a brief description, not listing all the foods i would eat...I have a very addictive personality and fast foods is one of those addictions i guess...but i'm sorry i would rather fit these pills into my lifestyle for a few months until i get down to a steady weight i want to maintain which like before is 110lbs...then i stop taking them and keep at a certain weight....So where as a lot of people say not to take them...for me personally I feel like I need them otherwise I will eventually falter and go back to the way i was eating before...I know because I've done it many a times....
    ha, don't apologize, it's not that anyone is mad at you for saying it, it's just concern for your well being, that's all.

do me a favor, read over what you just wrote a few times, do you see a trend there? You have problems maintaining a healthy weight, but that's not your problem, there's some underlying cause that makes it difficult to stick to this type of plan without the crutch of a diet pill. This is bigger than just choosing a pill over fast food, this is something you should dig into, possibly with the help of a therapist, because I am relatively sure that this affects other aspects of your life as well, whether it's overtly noticeable or not isn't the issue, but this type of behavior is very common in people with weight issues, and the only way to truly be rid of it is to solve the root issue, which can be many different things and doesn't necessarily need to be food related. This is my opinion anyway.
  • hasiangirl
    Options

ha, don't apologize, it's not that anyone is mad at you for saying it, it's just concern for your well being, that's all.

do me a favor, read over what you just wrote a few times, do you see a trend there? You have problems maintaining a healthy weight, but that's not your problem, there's some underlying cause that makes it difficult to stick to this type of plan without the crutch of a diet pill. This is bigger than just choosing a pill over fast food, this is something you should dig into, possibly with the help of a therapist, because I am relatively sure that this affects other aspects of your life as well, whether it's overtly noticeable or not isn't the issue, but this type of behavior is very common in people with weight issues, and the only way to truly be rid of it is to solve the root issue, which can be many different things and doesn't necessarily need to be food related. This is my opinion anyway.

Lol i know i know, i am full of issues :blushing: thats one of the reasons my bf got me on the hoodia because he'd rather see me on that than hydroxycut...he's tried throwing away the pills before and found out it didnt work because i just went and got more...I get addicted to things easily and with my mindset if i think i need something then i'm stuck on it...I realize everyones just looking out for my best intrest and stated that before and I really appreciate it, but i just cant put them down until i either come close or am there ..ok i wont lie i will feel the need for them until i reach exactly 110lbs ...ive done it before....but i've tried therapists before and i just sat there...i have no problem explaining my emotions online but in person face to face i wont say a word, i went to 3 sessions and after just kind of twiddling my thumbs and just saying a little bit here and there opted not to go back ...I truely am a messed up individual lol but i've learned to control a whole bunch of things i couldnt before when i was younger

p.s. the therapist wasnt for diet pills at the time tho lol:laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

Lol i know i know, i am full of issues :blushing: thats one of the reasons my bf got me on the hoodia because he'd rather see me on that than hydroxycut...he's tried throwing away the pills before and found out it didnt work because i just went and got more...I get addicted to things easily and with my mindset if i think i need something then i'm stuck on it...I realize everyones just looking out for my best intrest and stated that before and I really appreciate it, but i just cant put them down until i either come close or am there ..ok i wont lie i will feel the need for them until i reach exactly 110lbs ...ive done it before....but i've tried therapists before and i just sat there...i have no problem explaining my emotions online but in person face to face i wont say a word, i went to 3 sessions and after just kind of twiddling my thumbs and just saying a little bit here and there opted not to go back ...I truely am a messed up individual lol but i've learned to control a whole bunch of things i couldnt before when i was younger

I'd try another therapist, that isn't how a session is supposed to go. A good therapist is a great sounding board. Even if they just start with talking about your day. You have to be open enough to want to talk though.
  • hasiangirl
    Options

I'd try another therapist, that isn't how a session is supposed to go. A good therapist is a great sounding board. Even if they just start with talking about your day. You have to be open enough to want to talk though.
    oh the therapist was fine...i just wasnt happy about being there so discussions didnt go very good and after one of those 3 sessions of a lot of me being quiet and just kind of nodding at whatever he said i cancelled the 4th appointment...lol i did say a few things like good u? and uhhuh ok and yup lol
  • KatWood
    Options

I'm sorry if posting something about diet pills upset everyone but from my personal stand point until i reach a normal weight I will either go from one extreme to another...

but i'm sorry i would rather fit these pills into my lifestyle for a few months until i get down to a steady weight i want to maintain which like before is 110lbs...then i stop taking them and keep at a certain weight....

First you have no reason to apologize, I'm happy you feel comfortable enough on hear to express your opinons and I applaud you for taking everyone's opnions so well.

My concern is what you wrote here about stopping after you reach a healthy weight. If you do have a compulsive personality that won't change once you lose the weight. What is going to stop you from going back to your unhealthy habits once you lose the weight and go off the pills?

Does your doctor know you are on these pills? If so, what is his/her opinon?

Good luck and please know that while our comments may come off as harsh, everyone has your best interests at heart:flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    Options

I'm sorry if posting something about diet pills upset everyone but from my personal stand point until i reach a normal weight I will either go from one extreme to another...

but i'm sorry i would rather fit these pills into my lifestyle for a few months until i get down to a steady weight i want to maintain which like before is 110lbs...then i stop taking them and keep at a certain weight....

First you have no reason to apologize, I'm happy you feel comfortable enough on hear to express your opinons and I applaud you for taking everyone's opnions so well.

My concern is what you wrote here about stopping after you reach a healthy weight. If you do have a compulsive personality that won't change once you lose the weight. What is going to stop you from going back to your unhealthy habits once you lose the weight and go off the pills?

Does your doctor know you are on these pills? If so, what is his/her opinon?

Good luck and please know that while our comments may come off as harsh, everyone has your best interests at heart:flowerforyou:
    Thank u very much hun :smile: and I have actually done this routine before....and i had no promblem stopping when i reached the goal and I maintained the weight well...I think it's because once i hit the goal weight i'm happy where i'm at and dont feel the need to lose weight anymore and just tone up so i do more strength training and then i usually replace the pills with chicken breasts for the extra boost of protein and as bad as this sound i dont have a doctor...:laugh: i am chalked full of bad habits lol my pretty much mother in law hates that i dont have a doctor
  • KatWood
    Options
    i say this with love, but if you stopped before and were able to maintain the healthy weight, why are you here now?

And that sucks about not having a doctor, that really seems to be a big problem these days.
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    i say this with love, but if you stopped before and were able to maintain the healthy weight, why are you here now?

And that sucks about not having a doctor, that really seems to be a big problem these days.
    i maintained the weight for 3 yrs and than had my first son and a few yrs later my second son...and i got out of control with the eating when i was pregnant both times :blushing:
  • KatWood
    Options
    I can understand that.

I've seen your profile pics and you are a beautiful girl and it doesn't look like you need to lose much weight. I'd still suggest kicking the pill habit and focus on just eating right and exercising. In fact, exercise may be a good alternative, sometimes just replacing a bad habit with a good one can do the trick. In fact, I think that is kinda what you are trying to do, but rather than replace one evil with a lesser evil why not try exercise instead? Why not focus on a different goal, a fitness goal (such as completing a race) instead of a superficial goal of reaching a certain weight? After all, it is just a number.

If you do decide to stay on the pills, I highly suggest getting a doctor to ensure your health is monitored, even if it means going to a walk in clinic for a quick check up and blood work every few months.

It's your body and thus your decision. I do wish you and your family all the best. :flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hasiangirl, I think the main thing to take away from this conversation is this: Lots of people on this site care about you and your health. :) That's a good thing.

You are obviously loved, even by people you don't know. That says a lot about you and the people on this site. :)

That alone should give you a self esteem boost, to know that others who have never even met you face to face can discern enough about your tender personality through this site to care. :)

What a joy.

And if other people care about you this much, then it should be obvious that it's not only okay to care about yourself, it's important to take care of yourself. You're worth the effort.. More than worth it.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hasiangirl, I think the main thing to take away from this conversation is this: Lots of people on this site care about you and your health. :) That's a good thing.

You are obviously loved, even by people you don't know. That says a lot about you and the people on this site. :)

That alone should give you a self esteem boost, to know that others who have never even met you face to face can discern enough about your tender personality through this site to care. :)

What a joy.

And if other people care about you this much, then it should be obvious that it's not only okay to care about yourself, it's important to take care of yourself. You're worth the effort.. More than worth it.

smiley-happy114.gifwhat she said!!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

i maintained the weight for 3 yrs and than had my first son and a few yrs later my second son...and i got out of control with the eating when i was pregnant both times :blushing:

This is what they call (in psychology) displacement. You are displacing a problem with some other issue onto your pregnancy. If it was your pregnancy that was the problem, it would have stopped after the pregnancy was over, maybe the pregnancy was the trigger, which is a reasonable assumption, but the underlying problem wasn't you being pregnant. That was, more likely just the catalyst needed to make the problem overt enough to affect your eating habits. Only a good therapist will be able to help you figure it out, it's pretty rare that a person solves their own deep emotional conflicts. Many just go through life with them and "deal", for some that's acceptable, but for many, it's not. That choice is one only you can make.
    I hope you make the right one sweetie!
  • acjmomma
    acjmomma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    everyone has given great advice, but I wanted to add that 110 lbs before you had kids may have been a good weight for you, but getting to 110lbs after kids may be all wrong for you. your body changes after having kids and will never look exactly the same again, you may not be able to get to that weight ever again and that has to be okay with you. I see too many close friends going for that "magic" number that they were at before kids and being really depressed when they cannot reach it, or doing really unhealthy things to get there. It never ends well for them. You look great and if you never lost another pound you would still look great, you have to be happy with yourself wherever you are in terms of weight.
    I was 105 lbs before I had kids and I gained 70lbs with my son and 20 lbs with my daughter, I am now trying to get to 135 lbs because I know that 105 is not realistic for me with the changes my body made while pregnant. Most of all I want to be healthy and fit and able to run and play with my kids and be a healthy role model for them.

I hope that you decide to ditch the pills but it is your body and your decision, I wish you all the best!!