What are you passionate about?

Options
Other than fitness and eating well, what drives you? What shapes you into the person that you are? Any particular moment that defines why you do what you do?

For me, it's animal rescue. I've been doing animal rescue for years, probably since I came out of the womb. My mom rescued animals, mostly cats, and I followed in her footsteps.

I cannot count the amount of animal I've rescued. It's one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. Both of my dogs are rescues (my dachshund, a stray I found in the bushes and my mix breed, a special needs dog who I saved from being put down).

Over the years, I've experienced just about anything you can imagine in terms of abuse and neglect. But nothing compares to that of Chevy. Chevy was a dachshund that I rescued from the Broward County shelter back in October while volunteering for Dachshund Rescue South Florida. He had a disease that left him paralyzed and hindered the use of his back legs and bodily functions. I cared for him for 2 days before his succumbed to his illness and we had to put him down. While it was one of the toughest things I've ever had to do, it made me grow as a human being and an animal rescuer.

Now, your turn :) Hopefully we can find people with our same passions to add to MFPals and can encourage each other with our fitness passion!

Replies

• DelilahNguyen
    Options
    I'm passionate about flying :) it's honestly the best feeling in a world, such a shame it's still a male dominated career
  • LolaVersion2
    LolaVersion2 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm passionate about Peanut Butter. Ok, no. That is actually a sick obsession.

I'm passionate about learning new things. I'm like a sponge where I try to absorb everything I encounter, but its only because I want to impress men at the bars with my useless facts. jk.

I'm going back to school for my Masters next fall. If I could be in school learning forever, I would.
  • balddonnie
    Options
    Family! It's because of my wife and kids that I wake up, go to work and now have taken an intense interest in my health and haibts... Just hope it's not too late to address my health and habits!