suggestions to go with my baked sweet potato??

Options
2»

Replies

• Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    these all sound good.

i love sweet potato fries, i buy the McCain ones, tried to make them myslef but turned out soggy.

how long do you bake them for and at what temp? Might have to try it for somethng different
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    these all sound good.

i love sweet potato fries, i buy the McCain ones, tried to make them myslef but turned out soggy.

how long do you bake them for and at what temp? Might have to try it for somethng different

You can slice them, coat them in a tiny bit of olive oil and seasoning salt and place them on a baking sheet at about 350 for about 30 min. or so, turning them about half way through. We have fried them before as well and they don't hold the grease like regular potatoes do.

210557.png[/url
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    My family is from the south and they put butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans and/or marshmallows on the sweet potatoes and we eat it with ham. That's the only way I can think to eat it, so reading the comments was interesting.
  • Jlynb1109
    Jlynb1109 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like to eat my sweet potatoes with laughing cow cheese (good sub for butter). There's only like 35 cals per serving. I like the onion flavor the best.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OMG PEOPLE!! I need to go buy sweet potatoes! Oh score its the farmer's market today. LOL :laugh: :laugh:
  • bdnicholson80
    Options
    I agree with making fries...they are good. I usually bake tilapia with fish fri seasoning...gives it the texture of fried fish but it's baked! I haven't tried that since joining MFP so can't attest to whether it's lo-cal but it is good.
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I agree with making fries...they are good. I usually bake tilapia with fish fri seasoning...gives it the texture of fried fish but it's baked! I haven't tried that since joining MFP so can't attest to whether it's lo-cal but it is good.

I LOVE tilapia with fish fry baked!! I had some the other night and it was sooo good.
  • AwesomeSmiles100
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I'd try some organic brown sugar........1 teaspoon=15 cal!
  • LADAHLIA
    LADAHLIA Posts: 7
    Options
    Oh my gosh...Im not up to potatoes yet but try going to Publix or deli or make a fresh salsa and put 2 tbsp on it...its like 70 cals...make it a bit spicey and add a smidge of cinnamon...its deeeelish with the sweet potato, or salad, or over a veggie burger!
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Sweet & Spicy Potato Rounds

2 sweet potatoes
    Creole seasoning (or Old Bay)
    PAM spray

Pre-heat oven to 400 degree
    Cut sweet potatoes into 1/4-1/2" thick rounds
    Place on PAM-covered cookie sheet
    Spray sweet potatoes with PAM
    Sprinkle creole seasoning all over them
    Put in oven for 20 minutes, flipping half-way thru

Just add "sweet potato" in the MFP food database. These get rave reviews every time I make them!