Recovering from an Eating Disorder Otherwise Unspecified...

Options
Hi all,

My name is Kate, I'm, 25 and I'm just starting out on the scary road to recovery from an eating disorder. I was never fully anorexic, thank God, but in the past three months I've come very close to teetering on the edge. I've decided to kick this thing in the *kitten* once and for all! I want my curves back!

This site has really helped me feel like I'm in control of my calories...which is something I crave, but need to not be obsessed with. It would be awesome to wake up one day and not feel like I have to plan my entire day around food and how I feel about my body. I know I'm seeing a distortion of myself in the mirror, and for people who have had an eating disorder, you know how frustrating it is to feel like you have to restrict yourself to the point of total unhappiness. I know I've done damage to my health and my body..and it's time to stop this.

I'm actually using this site to safely help me control and put on a little bit of weight. Right now I have it set to gain a 1/2 pound a week. Does that sound about right to you guys? Right now, I can only make myself okay with a goal of 115 pounds...I've noticed that since I've started "normalized" eating with this site, I'm really enjoying the food! However, I'm gaining it all around my mid section. I've heard this is normal until my body redistributes the food a little. Any advice on this? Nice to meet you all!!!!

Replies

• katemenos
    katemenos Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Kate, I'm, 25 and I'm just starting out on the scary road to recovery from an eating disorder. I was never fully anorexic, thank God, but in the past three months I've come very close to teetering on the edge. I've decided to kick this thing in the *kitten* once and for all! I want my curves back!

This site has really helped me feel like I'm in control of my calories...which is something I crave, but need to not be obsessed with. It would be awesome to wake up one day and not feel like I have to plan my entire day around food and how I feel about my body. I know I'm seeing a distortion of myself in the mirror, and for people who have had an eating disorder, you know how frustrating it is to feel like you have to restrict yourself to the point of total unhappiness. I know I've done damage to my health and my body..and it's time to stop this.

I'm actually using this site to safely help me control and put on a little bit of weight. Right now I have it set to gain a 1/2 pound a week. Does that sound about right to you guys? Right now, I can only make myself okay with a goal of 115 pounds...I've noticed that since I've started "normalized" eating with this site, I'm really enjoying the food! However, I'm gaining it all around my mid section. I've heard this is normal until my body redistributes the food a little. Any advice on this? Nice to meet you all!!!!
  • jesusgrl14
    jesusgrl14 Posts: 250
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on taking the first step to a healthy new you!! :drinker:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I once have recovered from an eating disorder as well and am now working on eating healthy and becoming healthy! :smile:

Good luck.
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i guess you could do some stomach crunches or what i do is i got one of those straps that you put around your waist and when you excercise it sweats your mid part more, anyways congradulations on your recovery im glad that your want to be healthy and not bones.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome:flowerforyou:
  • Bert
    Bert Posts: 27
    Options
    Welcome!
    Patience is sometimes a nasty word, but something all of us are learning one way or another. Waiting for you body to adjust and not expecting so much from yourself might be the blessing you need this week.
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    i have to flirted with anorexia and it was gettin really scary for a while.. its really hard to start thinking in a healthy wat and get out of that circle.. so i know how u feel.. good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
    here for u!
    there is so much support on here its AMAZING!
  • katemenos
    katemenos Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support!!! It means so much to me.