I'M planning on buying the 30 shred .... What's the thoughts

Options
Who's used it?, what results have you had? is it worth following?

I dont want to buy one thing after another , id rather buy one that works lol

Replies

• sian_1989
    sian_1989 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've just completed day 4 of level 1 and I'm enjoying so far, it's pretty hard to start with but today I found it a lot easier. If you have a look at other forums on here you'll see some amazing results. It's more about the toning and inch loss rather than losing pounds.
  • s0ready
    s0ready Posts: 99
    Options
    its a great workout for the price you pay!!!! (only $10) you won't lose a whole lot in pounds but you will in inches. day 1 will leave you sore...it will be hard to walk up stairs or sit down and get back up, but after a couple days you'll recover and won't notice much pain afterwards....but it will kick your butt:bigsmile:
  • Lelez1cutie
    Lelez1cutie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i just bought it ...cant wait for it to come in so i can start. Have heard great reviews about it.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) ... its the inches on the belly Im looking to drop :) I still have a fair weight to lose (22lbs) at the moment ... but cant be too early in the tone up ... a great price as well :D
  • bperry83
    bperry83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i just finished level 1 and am going to start level 2 tomorrow. i really like it and the workouts only take about 20 mins. i use on the days i have work and other days i usually walk or do a longer workout. it will end up taking me more than 30 days to complete, but that's fine with me.
  • sullymanjohn
    Options
    I bought it and I did it for a few days in a row...but I have to admit that it's just not enough for me. I would do it in the morning to get my juices flowing but I still went jogging and lifted a little in the afternoon. I can't say that it's the same for other people as I have been working out a similar way for over six years at my PT sessions with guys from work...
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Personally, I liked Ripped in 30 better... but I have a lot of her DVD' s and for 10 bucks- get them all! They are all good and then you can change it up based on your mood.
  • machinegunkate
    machinegunkate Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hated it. I found it incredibly boring and got a knee injury out of it.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Do it. It's horrible. I loved it.
  • maryrr88
    maryrr88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just finished 30 Day Shred on Wednesday & started one of her other DVDs, Killer Buns and Thighs, yesterday. 30 Day Shred definitely got me in shape enough to make it through level 1 of Killer Buns and Thighs. Without 30DS, I might not have been able to do it! I think it's a great DVD to start with because it gives you a nice base from which you can progress to her other DVDs. Good luck!
  • Kcrane86
    Kcrane86 Posts: 3
    Options
    I love it! im currently on day 4 of level 2 and its a true workout! level 2 differs alot in intensity from level 1 so I can only imagine what level 3 is like but I cant wait to get to level 3. I suggest you buy it and try it out and hey if you dont like it it was only 10 bucks!
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I lost inches and felt stronger but lost no weight whatsoever. I notice a similar thing happens to others too so do take measurements and try not to stress about numbers on the scales. It's manageable for beginners as you can modify some of the exercises until you improve. Search for 30ds success pics and you'll get some real motivation!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    If you have good knees, a good workout. If you've had any knee issues, you might want to look into something else.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Personally, I liked Ripped in 30 better... but I have a lot of her DVD' s and for 10 bucks- get them all! They are all good and then you can change it up based on your mood.

This. Ripped in 30 is updated and more intense. I like all of her DVDs and recommend starting a collection :smile:
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've completed 30DS and Ripped in 30 and I absolutely love my results. I did nothing else with either video (apart from an occasional walk here and there) and with MFP and Gillian Michaels have lost the last 10 pounds I was looking to lose and most of the inches! For the first month I did 30DS every day except for two (Christmas Eve/New Years Eve), and after that I continued a little while longer with level 3 of 30DS before starting Ripped in 30 (doing it six days a week). I should mention I only had 10 pounds to lose, didn't want to start ANYTHING I could not maintain, and didn't want to spend a lot of money.

In addition to the 10 pounds, I saw a difference in all of my measurements:
    Bust 36 to 35
    Ribcage 32 to 30
    Waist 29 to 26
    Hips 40 to 38
    Thighs 22 to 21

My arms are now crazy toned (no more jiggles!), I have abs again, and my legs still have more to go but are looking more slender and toned then I ever remember them being. All in all a great experience! I am continuing with her other videos and looking to keep up 5 days a week. It's like anything else though: Only worth following if you're going to FOLLOW it. That means every day for the shred (or at least 5-6 days a week). Nothing will work miracles if you only do it 2 or 3 times a week (especially if it's only 20-30 minutes to begin with). Best of luck with whatever you decide!
  • donna_glasgow
    Options
    hmmm... not too good, I have knees that dont like to play :( ................ spose I could do it at a less intensity might get somthing out of it since its cheap anyway ..... but might as well go for another workout plan ... any ideas?????????
  • donna_glasgow
    Options
    the inches sound nice :)......
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have just completed it about 2 weeks ago and stated on Ripped in 30. I love these DVD's and they may be difficult at times, but so worth the 20 minutes a day. I noticed more of a difference losing inches (about 9 all together) instead of weight (12 pounds).
  • successiswithinme
    successiswithinme Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have both --RI 30 and 30DS and I love them both and find RI30 a bit less strenuous with the cardio. Being on the older side of the age scale I do it every 3-4 days with a rest day in between and I switch them up. When I originally started with 30 DS I got very bored after two weeks.. changing it up, putting on the sub titles so I can put my own music on the stereo helps me get through the work outs alot easier too. You can't go wrong with them.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    i did it and am now on to the ripped in 30. I didn't do just that though, it was just added to my other workouts.

It is tough and i noticed the biggest difference in my arms (lots of plank type of exercises). Overall good workout.