Fitbit Users...

Options
I just git my fitbit an i need some help no one will answer me on their forum.

I'm feeling really dumb...please help

1.) I'm not understanding how to get it into different modes.
So like if im gonna go run or exercise i'm supposed to put it in whatever mode and do whatever right> then take it out?

2.) Can i just wear it all day then sync before bed an then again when i wake?

3.) Since i run and do jillian michaels workouts do i need to "create these activities"?

ugh im so confused an i feel like the help section sucks

Replies

• stargazgal
    stargazgal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. If i go for walk or run then I let fitbit track the numbers, but if i do exericse classes that involve floor and static exericses then I log it on mfp and not on fitbit. It will sync over. make sure your times are accurate and it will elliminate those numbers you log on fitbit. I wear it all day until bed and then sync it ...hope this helps
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    Also, for the first question, you don't really *need* to put it into a different mode but if you press the button once and hold for a couple seconds until it says "start", it'll show you the calories you're burning or whatever you want to track during the time until you repress the button, wait for it to say "stop" and end the session.

You do the same thing when you go to sleep for it to track that.

Otherwise, just keep pressing the button to see your calories, steps taken, mileage, flower, and whatever else the new version tracks.
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my fitbit.
  • PatBland
    PatBland Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love my FitBit - really a neat toy!
    :heart:
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody that helps SO much...i wasnt sure what to do with my Jillian Michaels
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    And they did a new thing with the Food Plan that is omg awesome. I'm using it to gain weight and I love it. I'm burning off more than I take in and I'm staying a g-d waif!
    Just gotta eat more healthy fats!
    The sleep tracker is awesome too, the only thing is I notice that it says I'm awake when I know I wasn't. Maybe I thrashed around a bit?