what's your go to food?

Options
I always wonder what people go to for a quick snack or meal that is healthy and good for you. for example I go to a wheat tortilla with. salt and bake them for quick alternatives to chips. What's your go to food?

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Apples or cucumber and humous.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It varies, but lately it's been:
    1. omelet with egg beaters, 1 whole egg, spinach, tomatoes (if I have them), and feta cheese
    2. Chobani Greek yogurt- especially the dark cherry with 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder mixed in
    3. Banana protein smoothie- either chocolate banana, chocolate banana with natural PB, or pina colada with banana...yummy!
    4. spinach, fruit, and feta salad- either apples or strawberries with either fig balsamic or strawberry balsamic dressing
    5. edamame in the pods...keeps my hands busy and fun to eat :)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, apples, blueberries, raspberries, greek yogurt, sugar free jello cups. lots more
    i am sure.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothie or peanut butter toast. Either one will help fill me and keep me satisfied.
  • aritchey1977
    aritchey1977 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with applesauce or a banana.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with pretzels. A little strange, but so delicious :)
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with walnuts or pecans
    banana (sometimes with chocolate or peanut butter)
  • Genghiskhannie
    Options
    Macrobars, avocados, figs, bananas, Beanitos, quinoa, almonds, carrots, macadamia nuts.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters with lots of veggies
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with salt and pepper
    I always have a large stash of fresh fruit-this week it is mango, bananas, pineapple(which I made into a fruit salad with a bit of coconut tonight), asian pears, regular pears
    I also have a hummus/specialty food person at my farmer's market who supplies me delicious whole wheat pita bread at 90 calories a pita-then hummus, a delicious roasted eggplant spread, a chunky roasted eggplant sauce stuff, rice stuffed grape leaves, tziki (I know that is spelled wrong) sauce and other yummy stuff.
  • Gigilly
    Gigilly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, I keep a few ready in the fridge.
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I grab 100g of frozen raspberries! Throw them in a bowl and curl up on the sofa. 54 calories and it satisfies my "hand-food-mouth" craving that comes around at about 8pm... Previously I'd have down the same with chips. Much healthier alternative!
  • veggieshark
    veggieshark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 cal cereal bars, berries, grapes, tea, peanut butter, mixed nuts, cinnamon toast, Special K with red berries cereal.