I need some support!

Options
Hi, my name is Megan. I just started my weight loss journey a little over a month ago, and while I feel as if I'm on a good track at the moment, I'm also feeling pretty alone about the whole thing. I've managed to convince my parents to go to the gym with me and they've kind of helped me in terms of changing my diet, but they're not nearly as determined about losing weight as I am. Not only that, I'm kind of afraid of telling a whole bunch of people in my personal life about what I'm doing. Most of my family knows and maybe a fourth of my friends, but nothing big. I guess part of me would rather wait to talk about it until I actually have noticeable weight loss, because then it would just be confirmation from someone else who didn't even know I was working towards losing the weight.

I'm not going to reach my weight loss goal any time soon (I have quite a bit to lose; I'm looking at more towards a year before I reach my goal) and I'd really like to just make some friends who are going through the same stuff. :smile:

Replies

• kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    u in right place ... good luck ... add me if you want ..
  • maethoriel
    Options
    Good luck! And there's a lot of supportive people on here to help you out along the way. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Boo_2806
    Boo_2806 Posts: 9
    Options
    Good luck! you will find a lot of support on here :) Feel free to add me :)
  • tnielsen09
    Options
    you are definitely in the right place! I hope all goes well for you! I'm in the same boat as well, I haven't even really told my family about my commitment to this site and my goals. But we can do it especially if we work together! I went through the success stories and before and after photos on here and haven't been more motivated than I was then to lose my weight! I hope all goes well for you and if you need support feel free to add me :)
  • LeahBlackketter
    Options
    i've gotten a lot of encouragement from people on this site.... hopefully i can be equally as encouraging. i'm sending you a friend request.
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and feel free to add me! :)
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to be for support! I would be more than happy to accept a friend request from you, if you want. Remember that it is YOUR determination that is going to get you there, I agree support from others is helpful and very motivating, but ultimately, it's up to you. There are a few things I roll over in my head time and time again when I feel things are getting tough: "Whether you think you CAN or whether you think you CAN'T - You're Right." And "Just Decide" Really, isn't that what it is all about? A decision, to exercise or to stay on the couch. To eat ice cream or carrots - Everyday is one decision after another - so if you royally screw up one day, that's ok, don't beat yourself up about it, learn from it, and move on, 'cause tomorrow is another day, with all new decisions to make... Just Decide - you CAN do it!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!! YOu are in the right place for sure!!
    i'm 28, 5'7", currently 173, started at 185 and working my way down to 150. I'm married, no kids, go to the gym 4x a week. Add me if you'd like and I'd be happy to give you support whenever you need it (and even when you don't!).
  • mns91
    mns91 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone! This means a lot to me. :)
  • KWright76
    KWright76 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • misfitwins
    Options
    So I am new to this and am not doing very good yet only my second day HELP
  • Mia2891
    Mia2891 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! feel free to add me!
  • kaylapicha
    kaylapicha Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I just started a few weeks ago, but so far am feeling pretty good about MFP. I'll try to be helpful and supportive for anyone who will do the same for me.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This is a good place to be. When you don't have a lot of support, it's hard to deal with weight loss. I don't have a lot of support at home, but I know I have it here. I have been struggling with family issues for the past 6 months, and I have gained back several lbs. I'm also looking for more support...feel free to add me if you want to.
    Good luck!!!
  • PerfectlyOdd
    Options
    Add me!! I started this week! and I'm still having fun. and trying to see how many cals I intake and burn has turned into a game. LOL and i only have one real life friend so far
  • somalysok
    Options
    Hi all! I too need lots of support , add me if you want . I been being really mean to myself lately I hate the way I look haha, I came on mfp like a couple months ago and like totally quit . I came back on 2 weeks ago and I joined the gym so I'm hoping I stay committed to it. My goal is is to lose 40 to 50 pounds . But atlease 20 before my bday in may :) . I'm 173 pounds and 5'1 imagine that . Anyways I just really need some friend on here to support me and just kind of someone that understand how hard this weigh loss plan is . Thanks all !!! :wink: