Semi flat when standing pouch when sitting

Options
2»

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Even Marilyn had a roll, don't worry about it.

Marilyn-Monroe.jpg

There's NO WAY you'd ever see this in a picture now... which makes women feel inferior. Like we'll never measure up.

Nice to see a "real" pic.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Marilyn-Monroe.jpg

& She's beautiful! :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I think it's more of a loose skin problem...

Well, my skin is super-elastic (guess I am one of the lucky ones?) and I have "wubwub" (haha! aka: that tummy pooch) so I don't think it is a loose skin problem. With 40 lbs. left to lose it's probably just fat! It was the LAST thing I put fat on but seems to also be the last thing to go. Tummies are jerks! ;p

Also, don't forget, women tend to carry a little extra fat there. I, for one, am not going to stress myself into sickness til the day I die over a little natural feminine curvature. ::Cheers::
  • serenetranquility
    serenetranquility Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    We should do a motivational pics thread with sitting not standing pics. You never see those. I agree these days photoshop would work its magic and those of us real women with pouches would feel even worse.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Unless it's literally paper-thin skin just hanging down, I doubt it's loose skin. It's just some last bits of fat still clinging on for dear life. Not to mention, everyone has a roll when sitting down - unless you have maybe 4% body fat (which isn't going to happen). Keep it up and it will eventually fade like the rest of your body did :)
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Usually belly fat is the last to go.

Don't worry about it, why do you think Spanx is a billion dollar industry? All the celebs wear it!
  • grannynickel
    grannynickel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds and a bunch of it was body fat, but I still have that troubling double roll at the abdomen and just above the belly button. When I push on the area I feel firmness under the squish on top, so I can only conclude that there is still an excessive amount of fat above the muscle layer. But, I can see parts I couldn't see before while standing and that is wonderful. Give yourself time, don't be super critical of yourself, and stop comparing your body to your boyfriend's. He's a guy and that's a whole different story!
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Yup, 100% with you! Flat stomach standing, gross big rolls sitting. I think the only way to get rid of it is to lose the fat and then tone like hell! One day I might actually do it :)

(Marilyn looks gorgeous however)
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Actually, Scarlett Johansson had the same little pooch.

Bikini-Clad-Scarlett-Johansson-Kisses-Boyfriend-on-the-Beach-11-1024x682.jpg
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

Marilyn-Monroe.jpg

I'll be in my bunk.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options

Marilyn-Monroe.jpg

I'll be in my bunk.

Firefly reference!
  • norr2
    norr2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the exact same issue! so annoying! guess that is what remains after having 2 beautiful daughters 10 months apart : ) i don't mind my tummy while standing, but goodness gracious! totally a different story as soon as i sit down!
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! i have the same problem
  • thinsoundsgood
    Options
    I hate it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!