Over 120 pounds to lose. I feel alone.

Options
Hi. I just started MFP three days ago and I know I do better with accountability. I've had a weight problem by whole life and I'm sick of it! I had a scare a couple weeks ago and thought I was having a heart attack. Went to the ER and found out it wasn't my heart, but it sure scared me. I've lost up to 60 pounds a couple times before, but gained it back each time. I've never lost to my goal weight before... until this time. I feel like 120 pounds is such a huge number, and I felt alone. Thank you to all that have shared. I'm starting to feel like I'm not alone and there are others going through the same thing I am.
Not exactly sure how this site works, but I'm figuring it out slowly. Please help me stay accountable.
What is the best way to stay accountable to others? Is there a particular area for posts?
Thank you to all.

Replies

• blackhippy
    Options
    I definitely understand how you feel
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The best way I've found to be accountable is to add mfp friends and keep in touch via each others posts. It tells you when you come in under your calorie goal, exercise, lose weight etc and your friends can motivate you or provide guidance along the way. Also, make sure you record everything in your diary and your adjust your settings so that friends can view your diary. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    U r not in this along when I finish my journey I will have lost 118 lbs maybe more for now my goal is 150 I started at 268lbs on Aug 20,2011 and to date am 186.6 lbs 3/16/2012 I will friend u and help u stay accountable. Just remember the weight didn't come on all at once and it will not come off all at once...eat correctly,workout,drink your water and press repeat;) U cam do this...if u will it it will happen;-
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not alone and what's better is seeing those on here that have aleady done it to help spur you on!
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    One way to approach it might be to split it up into 2 groups of 60 pounds. Lose the 60, got to maintenance and take a couple months there, and them the other half. Good luck!
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i too have a large amount to lose and yes feels very daunting at first, however when u get into it u learn that its a way of life and not a diet which doesn;t make it feel like u have such a long slump to go.

Set yourself mini goals... ie 20lbs then 40lbs etc...

LOG EVERTHING! be true to yourself
    I always have a cheat day once a fortnight so it keeps me away from binging...
    the weight will come off slowly but that is better, especially with having the skin go back.

I have only learnt all this from the fantastic people that are on here...

Add me if you like hun!

Ami from the UK
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    your definitely not alone there's hundreds of people on here with similar story as yours, If you log in every day it will really keep you focused on your goals ..... I would be happy to have you as a support friend if you want... I log in every day and will always offer my encouragement and support
  • ceejay3101
    ceejay3101 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you wish, I am almost at the end of my journey, I had 60lbs to lose and so far 55lbs are gone, would love to encourage you and give you tips, dont be afraid inside you is the woman you want to be and you can be, just never expect perfection or miracles it doesnt happen!
    Good Luck to you and I know just like me you can do it :smile:
  • loanmoney001
    loanmoney001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have to lose over 120 pounds also maybe we can do it together. I would love to meet others who are in the same situation so that I can stay accountable.
  • aniwani
    aniwani Posts: 110
    Options
    ok 1st the good news ... since you have more to loose it'll come off quicker in the beginning, which can be really motivating !

2nd the great news you have a whole community who is going through the same thing as you are and they all know what kind of challenges you are facing... =) add as many people as you can so you get feedback and post as honestly as you can so you can accurately measure progress.

one pound at a time ... and think about how long it took for you to gain that weight ... be patient with loosing it ... it's a marathon not a race=) YOU CAN TOTALLY DO IT !
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am sending you a friend request!!

You are not alone. I have well over 100 lbs to lose. My goal for 2012 is to lose 100 lbs. I have lost 27 lbs since January 1st.

There are several people on here with success stories that have lost 100+ lbs. Seeing their stories and their photos is SO encouraging. We are ALL here to support you along the way.

I find that using MFP helps to keep me accountable as well. All of the friends that I have on here are so amazing and they always help to keep me going. :bigsmile:

I hope that you find this website to be as helpful as I have! :flowerforyou: YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone, and I'm sending a friends request to. :happy:

I have a massive amount of weight to loose, but I have also lost lot to, you just need motivation, some willpower and us lots to help you along the way

You ave already taken the 1st steps, but joining here and posting :flowerforyou:
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    your not alone, i have 98lbs to loose. i would recommend you add friends in here, they are the best motivators ever (i always send a note with my request too). see if you can add friends in the same boat as you (maybe around 100lbs to loose?). but i will warn you, this site is highly addictive lol i'm on here every day, if you like you could always add me :flowerforyou:
    you can totally do this, seeing the scales move each week is great, you will soon forget how much you have to go and get a buzz seeing the scales go down.
    one last thing - i would recommend you log everything you eat everyday, you can keep your diary private so no one has to know, you will learn by your mistakes that way and see what works for you. best of luck :heart:
  • TurnLeftNow
    TurnLeftNow Posts: 171
    Options
    Add friends and try to join groups on here where you have weekly check ins. If you set yourself up to having to check in with others, you may be more likely to continue logging in. You can also look for challenges that are in the forums. Anything where you have to come back and talk to people will help I think.

Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • saturnalicius
    Options
    Hi honey,

You have found the right place, and I suspect, the right space in your life to make the changes you need to, to let yourself explore who you really are. We so often only focus on losing the weight and forget that as humans - we dont like to lose anything. You are gaining self - not just with every pound lost, but every good decision that makes you feel good about yourself and who you are becoming. The pounds take care of themselves. I found a book by New Zealand author absolutely invaluable: "My bum looks brilliant in this!" by Karen Nimmo. Despite the funny title, it is so down to earth and supportive, and reminds us of how much of weight change is nothing to do with the scales. I am with Weight Watchers in New Zealand and using MFP, the combination of which is working for me. I need the weight watchers group as there are 60 women there who all understand what it feels like to feel alone in this, and in that feeling we realise none of us are alone. If you dont want to do a group like that where you are, then check in with this site daily, and facebook groups etc too. You are getting there honey, I believe in you :):)

Rebecca from Christchurch, New Zealand
  • jfstick
    jfstick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Right there with you!!
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hey! I lost 30 lbs before joining this site, and then stalled. I thought I would never lose any more weight, but my friends here have kept me motivated and I have lost another 30. I have 30 to go...but the support here is awesome. We can all help each other.
  • cherryolac
    Options
    Girl, you are so not alone!!! I have about the same amount to loose and its tough! I encorporate all my coworkers, friends and family into it. I have not told them how much I want to loose but I let them know I am loosing and the encouragement and support I get has been fantastic! If you don't have that...friend me and I will be your support!!! Good luck, you can do this!
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    you are not alone, i found what helps me is not think of the bigger picture i set myself a goal each week and go for that in the end it all adds up so the amount i need to loose never seems so huge .add me if you like and good luck on your journey xx
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I've lost 160lbs
    You can do it