30 day shred problem/ question...

Options
So I've gained a few pounds since I started 30ds and I'm only on day 5. Anyone else have a problem like this? I'm still eating healthy and even continuing the tread mill with it.

Replies

• ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Me too... I am thinking it's water since my muscles still hurt. Keep going it will get better I promise!!!
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Don't concentrate on the weight, check out how your clothes feel. I only lost 2lbs in the whole of January when I was doing 30DS, which is much less than I was losing, but I went down a clothes size :)
  • julieban1
    julieban1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    having the same problem but am sure it's because of gaining muscle! We'll get there!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I think that's quite normal, judging by the threads on here. I didn't gain but I slowed down losing. Focus on measurements instead :)
  • ssej26jess
    Options
    Me too... I am thinking it's water since my muscles still hurt. Keep going it will get better I promise!!!

I didn't even think of that, I hope that's the problem. Because I can hardly move, I feel like I'm 90 years old I'm so sore haha
  • kaylyngt
    kaylyngt Posts: 53
    Options
    I am on day 6 and have experienced the same thing. I am hoping it is a temporary thing! But, I feel better, have more endurance and can now actually do the jumping jacks! I think if we keep going we'll see the pounds go down again. Hang in there! We can do it!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Your sore muscles may be hanging on to some water weight.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    It could be a few things, but you've only just started. Stay off the scale and keep going. Make sure you are eating enough, when we exercise more we need to eat more in order to fuel our bodies.
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I gained a few pounds too, but I'm on day 7 of level two and took measurements (because the weight was bumming me out) and lost another half inch off my waist and an inch off my hips. I can live with that.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    If you really want some advice I'd suggest you open up your diary, but if you're only on day 5 or 6 you are fretting over nothing.
  • Dch2012
    Dch2012 Posts: 19
    Options
    I gained for the first week as well(I was running too) after that it started to really come off.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we are doing the same 30DS/treadmill(15 min mile walking) I don't weigh myself for that reason. I go by my clothes and how I feel. Good news is my clothes are looser and I fell leaner especially my legs/arms/butt. Wish my abs felt leaner LOL
  • dvs1962
    dvs1962 Posts: 6
    Options
    Your sore muscles may be hanging on to some water weight.
    This. Just ignore the numbers on the scale and keep going. What R-in-30 does best is measured on how your clothes fit and how you look in the mirror.
  • s0ready
    s0ready Posts: 99
    Options
    don't look at weight so much during 30 day shred your not going to shred the pounds your going to shred inches! your going to be gaining muscle!
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Check your sodium in foods. i lost 10 pounds since i started checking it.. no mmore 1500mg a day.. No water doesnt flush sodium out
  • ssej26jess
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :)
  • Marie92281
    Marie92281 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I finished last week on the shred!!! Yah!!!!

Anyways I didn't loose any weight the first 10 days but half way through level 2 I dropped 4 pounds in one week then have consistantly lostt 1 pound per week since then.. I lost more inches then I did weight. Good luck:smile: