Run for Your Lives 5K Zombie Obstacle Course?

Options
I'm thinking of signing up for one of these runs. It's kind of pricey so I was wondering if anyone's done one and if it was worth it :). And do you get a free t-shirt like most 5K's? That would be a GREAT t-shirt!

Here's the website :)
http://runforyourlives.com/

Replies

• inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Just read the website more closely. You DO get a t-shirt, along with a medal saying you either survived or became a zombie, and a few other things. Still would love to hear if anyone's done this or anyone know anyone else who has...

Bit of a shameless bump ;)
  • Workin4it
    Workin4it Posts: 12
    Options
    If it is a good motivation for you then it is worth it! My motivation to get started running was one of these type of runs, after I did I felt GREAT!!! I plan on doing more this year now that the weather is nice out, I might even try for a 10k this year!!! I say if you can afford it GO FOR IT!!!
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My husband and I want to do one together but the closest one is still kinda far away...
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Wish they had something like that in Oz.
    I would so do it.
    If I ever head for the US I will plan my trip so I can do one.
  • JadeRabbit08
    Options
    Save money and volunteer as a zombie and you get a free race thrown in and and a kick *kitten* zombie tshirt.
  • inside_lap
    Options
    Yea, I wish there was more locations of this too. The one that I've found closest will occur during the winter :P after I move to another state! Lol! Still will be about a 2 hour drive though... Would definitely have to be an all day investment of time... I wonder if the after party that they mention is any fun...

I've done 5K's before but not one this unique. Considering this or training for a 1/2 marathon. Maybe I should try for both! Lol!

All these runner on MFP and no one who knows anyone who's actually done this? :P
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    That looks like awesome fun! Too bad there aren't any races closer to me!!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I think my husband and brother-in-law should do the one a few hours from us......... they would both have a blast. Me, I'd probably get freaked out and pee in mypants.....
  • Gilliamzoo
    Gilliamzoo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing the one in Denver. Although I'm going to sign up as a zombie. I've done the Warrior Dash and am going to try another obstacle race this summer so being a zombie seems like a nice change.
  • MoogieOh
    MoogieOh Posts: 141
    Options
    So disappointed this isn't in aus too :c
  • KristenStone
    KristenStone Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    LOL funny you mention it! I was thinking about doing the Austin one in December or the SoCal one in October. Make a vacay out of it. But I have never done any sort of running event and I am working my way up to one and I was looking for one to sign up for. I was still tossing it around and thinking of getting a few people to do it with me. I don't know if my 1st 5K should be zombies chasing me....lol

If you do it, good luck!!! :)
  • inside_lap
    Options
    Kristen, it's actually the Austin one I'm looking to go to! Maybe I'll see you there!!

GilliamZoo, tell me how you like being a zombie! That sounds like fun as well! I hear the Warrior Dash is fun too!

Everyone else, the website says they are growing. Let's hope for more and more adventures.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I am signing up for the one in Maryland in October. I had a couple of friends who did it last year and they had a BLAST!

This run is the primary motivator for me to start running this winter... I started Couch 2 5K in January and ran my first 5K race today.

Hopefully by October I'll be a lot lighter and a lot faster... gotta stay ahead of the undead.

Ted
  • JadeRabbit08
    Options
    So disappointed this isn't in aus too :c
    Lets make a pact Moogs. If someone ever starts one up in Oz no matter what state it is in lets go do it!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Wow this looks so cool. I've never heard of this and am thinking about doing it. Wish I could do it sooner instead of waiting until December though.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Looks like a riot - we need these in Canada!
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I think it might be cheaper to stuff a kilo of mince into your pants and run through a pack of stray dogs but if you want to do it and have the cash spare then treat yourself... to the run not the mince.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Looks like a riot - we need these in Canada!
    This! I would love to go.
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My friends and I are doing the one in Austin! :) That is if I can run by then, started C25K today! So I've got 9 months of work...
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I did it in Baltimore last year. The course was fun and I 'survived' but I think everyone got the same medal. No zombie t-shirt, just a regular technical race tee...kind of disappointing. It was pricey and parking was a nightmare (but I think they're addressing that for this year's race). I'd recommend you get there way early.