Supersized Thighs

Options
I have been up and down the weightloss road. One part of me stays consistant...my legs are larger than the rest of me. In high school I had a guy friend tell me my waist was as thin as a Big Mac (as he grabbed the side of my waist to measure) but one thigh was bigger than my entire midsection! How observant. Gotta love the honesty of guy friends.

Later I lost large amounts of weight but the skin and flab on my legs just hung around my knees. My little nephew asked me what happened to my legs. The look on his face was awful. He thought something horrible had happened to me. It seemed worse to live like that. I talked to a doctor about it and was told I'd have to have surgery to fix it. I became so depressed that I gave up and filled the skin again.

Here I am now. Starting again for my health flabby legs or not I will loose weight. Because I carry most of my weight in my legs it is hard to move them for long periods. I have a treadmill and am using it every other day right now. I've just started MFP 2 weeks ago. I am already feeling stronger. I will increase my walking as I can.

I guess my question is if there are others out their that have been through this and can give me encouragement and advice? Is anyone built like me that also could use this information and support? Thank you all for your responses in advance. This place is filled with awesome caring people. I'm glad I found MFP!

Replies

• MomDaze3
    MomDaze3 Posts: 24
    Options
    I should put a TLDR (too long didn't read) on my own topic LOL I got some help with this from some of my MFP friends. So if you are reading this for help...long and short of it is loose slowly and work on toning. The major skin issues will go away. If you still want to feel better about the loose skin the surgery is an option.

Thanks for reading...:flowerforyou:
  • erineddy81
    erineddy81 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Also lots of moisture, not smoking and staying out of the sun should help with your skin elasticity. And if it were me, I would be doing squats., lunges and alot of leg strength training to help with keeping them firm. I recently did some measurements and my waist is at 25 inches and the largest part of my thigh is 21.5 in, so i consider myself to be one of those that has some 'pow' on my lower half, and with all the legwork i have been doing it looks pretty dang good if i say so myself :)