Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I can only walk in heels when I am drunk, don't know why :ohwell:
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Or do you just stick to flats or something?
    I'm trying to learn how to walk in high heels, it's so damn hard, my legs are so stiff so I look so awkward. xD

I think heels are sexy, but I have masculine feet and don't like my legs so I don't go there often. I can SORT OF walk in them, but they kill my feet! I wish I could. I secretly wish I were a girly girl and could wear the dresses and heels and have mega hot style, but I suck at it.

^^ I am right there with you, girl.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I'm tall (5'9) so I never got into wearing really tall heels. I manage about 3 or 4 inch heels. They make my walk that much more noticable :bigsmile: . I can walk ,and dance in heels ok but I do have to buy the gel insoles for them because I have high arches
  • AmyJo54915
    AmyJo54915 Posts: 103
    Options
    I feel like a horse when I'm in heals, because all you here is clump clump clump. Boots and flats all the way.

This...plus I'm 6' tall! How much taller do I really need to be?
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    gosh no!
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Love heels!! I am 5'11 and love my 5 to 6 inch heels and yes, I can run in those mofos..haha. I just bought 2 pairs this morning too!! Yeah ME!!!!....lol

Wish I had your confidence! I am 5'11" as well and feel like a giant in my heels! My awesome girlfriends make me feel sexy in them, so I usually wear them out on girls nights, but I rarely wear them anywhere else.
    Maybe that is something I should be working on.

Yeah YOU is right! :)

you should definitely embrace the heels with your height! guys like me need dance partners! :wink:
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    I never wear heels! But I have size 10/11 feet so I think it just looks really unappealing on my feet anyways.
  • lolagirl12
    Options
    The trick to walking in high heels is to take small steps. Good posture, chin up, shoulders soft, bottom tucked. I used to be a runway model and we learned it in modeling school. It's a lot easier if the shoes fit properly. So put on the good posture, put on the awesome shoes, and show your stuff! (Believe me, I'm no kid anymore - I got a beautiful pair of heels for my daughter's wedding and danced in them all night.)
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't walk in heels not at all honey I strut..I wear anything between 3.5 to 6 inches..I don't do alot of outside walking in heels just because I don't want to hit a crack or anything but if I know the area will be clear I will wear them outside and strut..Don't wear heels if you aren't comfy.
  • EmilyGetsSkinny95
    EmilyGetsSkinny95 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Try looking it up on youtube - even if the tutorials don't actually help, they are funny :)
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I can walk in them, I can even tap dance in them (though tap shoes are usually around 2 - 2 1/2 inches) but I prefer my flip-flops any day of the week. I rarely wear them and all my high heels are on the other side of the globe. But I'm kind of a hippie, out-doorsy type, heels don't really fit well with my personality.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I ♥ heels.

Can I walk in them... ehhh.. so so. Most of them are just for looking at when my feet are over my head.
    Bwahahaha!!! FUNNY!! But ditto.......I can wear any height of heels, esp laying down! Stilletos are great! Poke em' into the mattress for traction! LOL
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", and won't buy shoes (other than sneakers) unless they give me at least 2-3 inches. :) Heels make me feel amazing, and my calves look HOT in them!
  • cjdstephenson
    cjdstephenson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love my heels all 30+ pairs of them; 3+ inches. Just know there is, however, nothing sexy about a woman in heels that doesn't know how to walk in heels. Luckily I had a "coach", who insisted I practice walking at home in them- the trick? Heel, toe, heel, toe. Been wearing them for 5 years
  • dancing_cat
    dancing_cat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Practice makes perfect. Start with lower heels and work your way up!

I love wearing heels! Not only can I walk in them but run for trains/buses and up stairs in them too! I don't like wearing flats, especially in the office. I'm 5'7'' in flats so I'm at a height disadvantage compared to the men, whereas with 3-4 inch levels I'm nearly the same height as everyone else!
  • janmar57
    janmar57 Posts: 13
    Options
    wish i could wear them but i have a bunian (you know what i mean) so too painful. when my daughter got married i found the perfect pair of shoes to match my out fit online at new look not expensive either. when they arrived they had killer heels and i could not walk in them at all i was gutted :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Or do you just stick to flats or something?
    I'm trying to learn how to walk in high heels, it's so damn hard, my legs are so stiff so I look so awkward. xD

Walk on your tip toes, I love heels and the first time I ever put on a pointed stelleto I fell over, then someone gave me the helpful hint, dont put weight on your heels and the pointer the shoes the more you just balance on your toes!!
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Every chance I get. Even my sandles are usually heeled. But no more than 3 inches
  • Vicky_Is_In_Glee
    Options
    Well, I do. I feel super sexy when Im on it. I love wedges, too ;)
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I find them very difficult to wear but I have big, wide feet and I'm very heavy so that probably doesn't help. I find wedges easier to walk in because they seem to be more stable - you could try them and see if they seem more comfortable. I also find that I need to have a shoe that stays on my foot (so I can't really wear the sort that are back-less) or that strap you in well or I find myself not really being able to walk well in them. My faves at the moment are a pair of Timberland boots which I love - the heel is really stable and they are easy to walk in and they make you look great when you are wearing jeans!

Practise helps though as some of the gals on here have said :smile: