Anyone use PB2?

Options
I ordered some online, but I haven't tried it yet. Any thoughts on it? I would love to hear how you use it in recipes and things.

Replies

• bjfrezell
    Options
    I love PB2 chocolate a little better than regular PB2 but overall both are pretty good. It's a great replacement for regular peanut butter. I eat in in sandwiches but I also add it to greek yogurt, put it in protein shakes, and eat it plain with a spoon.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Yes. There are a lot of posts on PB2, definitely search for them by clicking on the 'Search' link above the Message Boards.
    BUT, since I'm here already.... I always pop popcorn in the microwave with a paper bag and mix up 2 tablespoons of PB2 for dipping. Best idea, ever.
    It's also really nice on top of celery. I would say, don't expect peanut butter. But add it to things like smoothies (especially banana, PB2 and bananas is a great idea).
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just used it for the first time, in my shake. I couldn't tell any difference. Its yummy. When I tried alittle bit by itself I can tell the difference but still good. I will be using this with other things as well.
  • lilfurson
    Options
    I mix it into my protein shake and it tastes delicious
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love it mixed in Greek Yogurt, so good! Also in oatmeal!
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I eat it plan if I just need a little protein snack. Sometimes I spread it on a tortilla or pita, stick a banana in there and wrap it up. Makes a great, filling snack!! I've seen others that put it in their oatmeal, I will try that this week for breakfast. I think it's yummy!!!
  • beatnik236
    beatnik236 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a peanut butter addiction so I bought PB2 to try to help. It is great in smoothies but I don't care for it with for my PB and banana sandwiches. I was going to try to half PB2/half real PB it but I just can't have real PB in the house.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate kind best. It isn't very good in place of peanut butter on sandwiches, but using it IN stuff - like smoothies, baking recipes, mashed up with a banana... it is awesome like that.

Unfortunately, it's pretty pricey.
  • Kolene_Kaffeen
    Kolene_Kaffeen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it b4. Where does one get it?
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I like it... but agree - don't really compare it to what most people expect from peanut butter. It tastes much more like straight peanuts to me, without the sweet part of what most Americans have come to expect peanut butter to taste like. I use it just prepared and also in protein shakes. Saves a whole lot in terms of numbers/values... so I plan to keep using it!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I love PB2 as well. I personally feel it tastes more like what you would imagine peanut butter would taste like. I now prefer it to the traditional kind. It's a little annoying having to mix it but the benefits outweigh the annoyance of mixing and measuring accurately to get the right consistency. It's light weight so it's easier to transport and also easier to mix into things like yogurt, protein shakes, and mixes.

I personally wouldn't mix half and half with this product it's good on it's own.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some from netrition.com to add to my shakes. It was 7.99 I think for the 16 oz bag.
  • Kolene_Kaffeen
    Kolene_Kaffeen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Jus bought some online. Haven't used it in any recipes yet. However, when we 1st got it I mixed up 2 TBSP & tried it by itself. My husband & I liked it very much, if not better.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I love it! I use it in my Nutritional Shakes and it is awesome. I also love mixing it and dipping apples in it. My hubby buys it at a store near us. It isn't in a lot of stores. But, you can find it by checking the Bell Plantation website. That is how I found it, gotta love the store locator.