To Row or Not To Row ?

Options
Hey There ,

I have been using the rowing Machine at the gym after I do my Run and I am wondering , does anyone know if it provides a good calorie burn or is there another machine that might be better. I typically do the treadmill first with a 15 run on it and some walking , then try to get to 10-15 minutes on the Rowing Machine. I thought it might be a Great Overall workout cause we are using everything with it............

Replies

• kirkemorgan
    Options
    Thats a good combo because there is alot of upper body movement, which most all cardio machines don't have. One machine doesnt burn better than the other, it's relative to your HR and duration.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine is a great calorie burner!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Your calorie burn varies with intensity but I love my rowing machine, I try to get 2 or 3 half hour sessions a week on it - great cardio and a full body workout.
  • janmar57
    janmar57 Posts: 13
    Options
    just bought a rowing machine thought it might be good to tone my bingo wings and jelly belly but doesnt seem to burn many calories but i will keep using it along with treadmill so hope i get results:smile:
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    The rowing machine is good for cardio and it also gets your back more muscular--back muscles are ALWAYS a good thing!
  • Paco0919
    Paco0919 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    http://www.concept2.com/us/training/technique.asp

I used this video to help me work on proper technique when I started out on the rowing machine. Definitely miss using one since my gym doesn't have one. Can't wait until the boyfriend (a former rower) buys his own erg!