calories fruits and veggies

Options
Hi all, can I go over my calories with fruits and veggies? they are 0 points on WW, but if I eat an orange and 3 apples and a bag of carrots can I not add that or should I count it in?

Replies

• Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories, your body isn't going to know the difference between a burger or fruit in terms of breaking it down to carbs, fat, protein, etc. So I would say it does count... Sorry >.<
  • WittneeT29
    WittneeT29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would definitely count fruit calories. Fruit is healthy, but it has sugar and the calories can add up, making a difference to your progress. If you eat an extra two bananas, a handful of grapes, and an apple for example, you could easily add 300 or 400 calories to your day. It is harder to add 300 or 400 calories by eating vegetables. If it were me, I would be more lenient on vegetables. I count calories really closely, but if I make a salad I don't count the green veggies I put in it.

With that said, if I eat a plate of zucchini (with nothing added to it, just the veggie), I go ahead and count the calories. I could probably get away with not counting that, though, and see good progress.

So, in summary, I would definitely count fruit calories and not worry as much about veggies!
  • wildlark
    wildlark Posts: 1
    Options
    I think you need to count them in because of the sugar,, BUT,, hey much better than a choc bar. good luck
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    All calories count.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    3 apples could run you around 240 calories. Depending on the size of the apple.
  • denisem23
    Options
    If your do weight watchers then you follow their program, however if your counting calories then you count calories and everything you put in your mouth basically has calories so I would count it. Lucky for you fruits and veggies are low on calories, just don't over do the fruits, high in sugars!
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers takes into account the free fruit and veggies into the formula. My understanding is that free fruit is not a free for all to eat that much at 0 points.