Replies

• turkishmelly
    turkishmelly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I did. Now it doesn't even grow hair on my arms! I love it
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I do everyday... its on of those things Ive never really talked about so Im glad to see this thread. The only problem is I have to shave everyday or else I feel Im a little prickly and feel gross, but I like my smooth hair free arms and legs!
  • Tskitzo
    Tskitzo Posts: 42
    Options
    you are all mental.

shaving your arms? whatever next.

shaving the soft hair ALL over your body?!

weird. just weird.

I don't see how doing something to make yourself feel better about yourself is considered mental. If that's the case then all the girls that go around wearing makeup are mental. :| Or the people who wear contacts instead of glasses because they think they look ugly in glasses.

Some people just do not like hair on their bodies and there is nothing wrong with that. Perhaps it's because they have thick, or dark, hairs and do not like the look/feel of it. I shave my arms, have been since I was about 10 years old because I have very dark hair and I got made fun of for it. Now it's just habit, plus I love the feeling of smooth skin without the hair. Nothing is wrong with that. Don't be so judgmental about it.

As many parents have taught their kids, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only person who did this. I shave my arms every couple of days. I don't like body hair. On other people, it's fine; on me, not so much.
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I shave my arms regularly. Body hair on women is disgusting imo. Luckily my body hair is all blonde so I can get away with only shaving my arms a couple of times a week.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I've done it since I was in the 7th grade. They were never dark or bushy, but the hair just annoyed me. Everyone thought my arm hair would get bushier and darker if I did, but in the 12 years I've been doing it it hasn't. I only shave them about once a month and even then the hair isn't noticeable.
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    until reading this thread the only people i thought did this were swimmers. I don't know a single guy friend of mine who would even think to do this.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I don't shave my actual arms... But thought about it before... But for a guy.. It's weird if a guy shaves his arms/legs etc.. The only exception for a guy to have no hair on his arms and legs is if he plays sports or just naturally dont have any or have very little... It's kind of weird if a guy do it... I can see if women do it.. But I just never tried shaving my actual arms.. I already have to shave my legs, underarms, etc every few days :/ ... Adding my arms to shave is just too much.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am a female with dark brown hair and pale skin so my arm hair is a bit dark but its not bad but I used to epilate but I dnt bother now ... its the upper lip fuzz thats more of an issue to me that is waxed!
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I've been shaving mine since HS. They havent gotten any thicker and its better than being hairy :happy: