potato chips

Options
ggtojuju
ggtojuju Posts: 35 Member
I love 'em, but haven't had any for 10 days. Had a few today and the greasy taste was overpowering. Guess I won't be trying any for a while. It's surprising how much your tastes can change in such a short time.

Replies

• ding30180
    ding30180 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Interesting, because they are one of my weaknesses too. I've only been here three days, but am pretty sure I can eat a few, 2 or 3 times a week and still stay on track. Maybe I'll try a 10 day hiatus!
  • trink68
    trink68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    try special K cracker chips.....extremely good and only 110 calories....
  • ericaturner32
    Options
    When I want chips, I eat the Lays Light and Fit or Quakes Chedder Cheese Rice Snacks. I've been able to stay on target with those.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Homemade > anything out of a bag.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    When i want chips i eat baked, or orgAnic multi grain chips!
  • ericaturner32
    Options
    I haven't tried those, but I will be! :)
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them, but can't stop at just one! So I switched to air popped popcorn, it does the trick!
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Brown rice chips are my treat. They're more like tortilla chips in size and a bit thicker. There are different flavors, my fave is garden salsa. 14 chips is 190 calories, and 14 is usually enough of fill me up and further craving.
  • amy0716
    amy0716 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Pop chips are pretty good too. 100cal a serving (16-18 chips).
  • katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    yeah pop chips are awesome
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i love the quaker cheddar cheese mini quakes. crunchy and tasty! ive tried some of the other flavors, but cheddar is the best.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    try special K cracker chips.....extremely good and only 110 calories....

I have a box of these that have been sitting in my cabinet for almost a month. I ate some one day, and I tried to pass the rest off on my son. Neither of us like them, so I guess it's time to throw them away. I'm cutting back on sodium, and they just taste salty to me.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I love 'em, but haven't had any for 10 days. Had a few today and the greasy taste was overpowering. Guess I won't be trying any for a while. It's surprising how much your tastes can change in such a short time.

I ate some kettle chips someone brought to work, I was surprised when I had only eaten about 8 or 9 that it was 110 calories...not even worth it!
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Popchips, baked chips, chipins, Snikkidy fries
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    After watching Dr. Oz's show one day on snacks, I took his suggestion and tried Blue Potato chips. The only brand I could find was Terra. They are really good and I like them better than regular potato chips now. Also, they don't seem as oily as regular chips :smile:

http://www.terrachips.com/our-chips/exotic-potato-chips/72822967901
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    So long as you work things into your calories, there's no reason to cut out anything, even treats... like chips (my favourite too).
  • samhelen
    samhelen Posts: 98
    Options
    I bought a box of 50 0.75 oz. bags of the Wise Naturals potato chips - not a chip fanatic but its nice on the weekends when we have a sandwich for lunch or burgers/hot dogs and its a good way to portion out with the 5 year old any my husband, we each get a bag and once our bag is gone its gone -- I find that if I don't have the whole big bag open then I'm satisfied with my little pack.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    This might be a good substitute for store bought potato chips...much lower in calories!
    http://hotmessprincess.com/2011/12/diannes-guilt-free-potato-chips/
  • cobledepere
    Options
    I have to avoid potato chips completely. If I eat a few I can't stop craving them! My favorite snack is popcorn I pop in a brown lunch bag in the microwave. About 1/3 cup popcorn kernels fills up the bag nicely and the popcorn isn't so dry like it is when you make it in an air popper. No oil is needed, so I feel entitled to put a drizzle of melted real butter on top and popcorn salt.
  • bchmura
    bchmura Posts: 18
    Options

Measure them out and add the calories to your daily total. If it suddenly seems like WTF? to you, then put them back and deduct the calories. I absolutely adore potato chips, but once I started tracking calories it seems like such a waste of fuel points (what I have started calling my calories).

You can aso try baking Kale chips... no, not as good, but you can pretty much eat 10 lbs of kale instead of a handful of potato chips. So many healthy things you can eat instead.

But if you have the calories and are not worried about the nutrition, go for the indulgence. Just track the calories as you take them so the cravings for more they will give you don't put you over the top.