Replies

• kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    Bump for future reference
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am new to this site. I started a little over a week ago and have lost almost 10 Lbs. I am typically below my 1200 calorie limit. I'm not really trying to stay under. It kind of just happens that way because I am satisfied with what I am eating. I feel like I would be eating just to eat to get to the 1200 calories. What do you suggest in this case? What kind of things should I encorporate into my diet to get there? Thanks for any ideas you might have. I would like to loose a lot more weight and even though I wasn't trying to be under on calories I was happy that it was working.

Feeling full or not feeling full is typically THE WORST indicator of nutritional and/or caloric needs. When you regularly eat large quantities your stomach physically grows to accommodate the physical amount of food you take in. So the more you eat, the larger your stomach gets, the larger quantity of food it takes to feel full. The same is true for the opposite. When you eat small quantities of food, over time your stomach shrinks. The less you eat the less it takes to get that icky over full feeling. So even though you haven't eaten enough to sustain your body, you feel full anyways. You can counter-act this by eating for the body you want. What is the BMI for a person your height and the weight you want to be? Eat that... and your body will achieve that.
    <3
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Great post! MMMMMMMM....food! eating makes me happy :tongue:
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful that you found what works for you BUT, what about some actual research to back up these claims? I see a lot of what s called "bro science" here. People who found what works for them and they preach it in absolute terms.

Frankly, it can be dangerous. Not that this particular post is especially harmful, but it's something everyone here should be mindful of.

What part of this, exactly, do you think is "bro science"? Do you disagree that eating too little over a long period of time can be harmful to your body? Though I have done A LOT of research on this subject, I am not going to waste my time referencing peer reviewed scientific sources... some things are just plain common sense. If enough people look around and say "The sky is blue and the grass is green", well, the sky is blue and the grass is green... regardless of what armchair scientists who have never left their cubicle write in their journals.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Thank you for writing this.
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    This was a great read. Thank you.
  • momof3G8kids
    Options
    Thanks I really need to keep hearing this over and over again, I'm gaining a little more weight because I've pushed my calories to 1,300, instead of the normal 1,000-1,100 I kept averaging out at. So I got depressed and ate less the last couple of days, and lost the same pounds I gained. I know it is a momentary fix, and have to remember that when I eat more, I'm going to gain a little weight since my body is used to starving itself, but I needed to read this post as a reminder, and little more encouragement. Thanks!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! I was one of the confused!
  • ToNiBeE99
    ToNiBeE99 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    THANKS!!! This was very very very HELPFUL!!! This explains a lot!! :)
  • WhenDSu
    WhenDSu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My mother would love this. Eat! That is her solution for most general maladies.
  • msunset262
    Options
    wow your imformation has helped me to .i have been seeing these side effects for 11years now .(WOW!!!).Well i look forward to the next 11 years of getting young again and feeding my body properly .:happy:
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    Bump for future reference!
  • Fridarules
    Options
    Very interesting post. Thanks for sharing and for inspiring us!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • LisaKunz
    LisaKunz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You made this make sense like nobody else has (that I've read). Thanks! I just had a brutal workout day and burned almost as many calories as I ate today (over 1000). I was debating having a snack...now I think I need to...my body needs it.
  • smsawchuk
    smsawchuk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post, it makes so much sense!!!
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    I love it. I've been seriously considering increasing my calories. Thanks!
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    Bump
  • machinegunkate
    machinegunkate Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post!
  • _Nathan
    _Nathan Posts: 15
    Options
    bump