How long has it taken you to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    In January 2011 I hit 207. I started to diet and lost 20 and then started to gain it back, just like a million times before. In July I decided that was enough. I finally get the relationship between eating healthy and exercising. I started out with walking and then after a couple of months decided to give C25K a try. Mostly because I'm lazy....it takes less time to run off calories than walking off calories. Turned out that I like running. I usually eat back ALL of my exercise calories because I can and because I don't want to feel like I'm dieting. I wouldn't get too concerned about how long it's going to take. I finally figured that I plan to eat well and work out for the rest of my life, so what did it matter. The good news for me was that the initial weight came off at a pretty steady clip. About 2 pounds a week. That allowed me to get to a weight that I was comfortable at. It slowed down a lot around November. I've lost 62 pounds total now. About 50 of that since July 2011 on MFP. I'm 4.2 pounds from goal now. You can do it! The biggest thing is to realize that you're making a lifestyle change, not dieting.
  • jleslie66
    jleslie66 Posts: 31
    Options
    I have lost 30 pounds in less than 90 days! I am halfway to my goal of 60 pounds.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    35 pound loss since January 1st of this year.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!