Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism

Options
2»

Replies

• lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I just finished doing the BFBM video a few minutes ago and I was dying!! lol. I just started doing the 30 day shred a few days ago, still on Level 1. But I wanted to try that one too. I liked it and I really felt like i gave it my all. There was one move I just couldn't do, the one when you lay flat on your stomach and lift up. Ya right! I tried, maybe next time. There were a few times I thought my body was just going to give out on me but I kept pushing through it. I still want to continue doing the 30 day shred. Maybe I'll try level 2 tomorrow.

I've been doing mainly Zumba everyday for cardio for the past month and strength training every other day. I thought that I sweat a lot during Zumba, ha! BFBM totally topped it. I still love Zumba though but now that I see how much harder I worked out today, I know I cant just rely on Zumba to loose weight.

I would love to know how many calories I just burned in those 45 minutes. Does anyone know how many calories they burned doing it? So I can at least get an idea.
    I did BFBM yesterday. I am 5'1 and 121-122 lbs currently and I burned 404 calories according to my Polar FT60 heart rate monitor.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I just finished doing the BFBM video a few minutes ago and I was dying!! lol. I just started doing the 30 day shred a few days ago, still on Level 1. But I wanted to try that one too. I liked it and I really felt like i gave it my all. There was one move I just couldn't do, the one when you lay flat on your stomach and lift up. Ya right! I tried, maybe next time. There were a few times I thought my body was just going to give out on me but I kept pushing through it. I still want to continue doing the 30 day shred. Maybe I'll try level 2 tomorrow.

I've been doing mainly Zumba everyday for cardio for the past month and strength training every other day. I thought that I sweat a lot during Zumba, ha! BFBM totally topped it. I still love Zumba though but now that I see how much harder I worked out today, I know I cant just rely on Zumba to loose weight.

I would love to know how many calories I just burned in those 45 minutes. Does anyone know how many calories they burned doing it? So I can at least get an idea.
    I did BFBM yesterday. I am 5'1 and 121-122 lbs currently and I burned 404 calories according to my Polar FT60 heart rate monitor.

that would be awesome to get a big burn on this one. i am hoping to burn off some fat for this summer so i can be in better shape
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

I'm 5''4" 125 and that's pretty close to what I would normally burn doing BFBM too (around 400-450 depending on the day). (I wear a Polar FT4)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Love this workout! I've had it for about two years and throw it into my weekly workouts every so often - still kicks my butt every time! I agree that it's a great one to mix up with other JM workouts, or alternating with workouts that use weights. There is some strength training in BFBM, but with your own body weight (push ups, etc).

For calorie burn, last time I did it my HRM said I burned 399 calories (just one more and I woulda hit 400! LOL :tongue:), and I'm 43, about 5'8" & 144lbs.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    wow this is quite a work out. done it for 2 days now and really feel the burn. my legs are so sore! but i haven't been sore doing a workout in a while so i'm hoping over time i will adapt to this one too. going to mix it up with no more trouble zones. need a break tonight from it because of the soreness! :)
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    waiting for mine to arrive .I cant believe how much I am enjoying the exercie since I started 30 day shred ,just want more and more :)
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    waiting for mine to arrive .I cant believe how much I am enjoying the exercie since I started 30 day shred ,just want more and more :)

Oh meeee too! Im addicted! I got 30ds in december, now have 6w6p, bfbm, kickboxing, and today bought no more trouble zones! Its sooo nice mixing things up and picking what im in the mood for each day! Idk if its recomended but figured it cant hurt!
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    I must add the kickboxing one to my list :)
  • Jezzabelly
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is so addictive!!!! I hated workout videos until I tried hers!! Now I am always looking to get the next one. Love JM!!!!!
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    well I ordered this and its arrived ,will try this week or when I have finished 30 day shred x
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I do this dvd 2 times a week, along with turbo fire and each time I do it, I get better and better. I am always dripping in sweat. Hard, but very good workout!!
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    just what i need . i like to feel like i have had a work out . some dvd i have dont even break out a sweat lol