sedentary, lightly active or active?

Options
these categories seem pretty vague to me,,, don't think everyone would fit into 4 categories..

Anyway how much difference does it make or how much does it matter if u get this wrong?
I had mine set to lightly active. Changed it to sedentary to be on the safe side but I just have no idea. Some days I'm at home just being mum and doing study so not overly active , some days I'm at school in class, some classes are active and some we just sit at the desk, some days I work in a cafe, on my feel 9 hours straight doing a mix of cooking serving coffees waiting and tidying... Some days I do prac work which is really active ( giving sports massage, can really build up a sweat)
But due to class roster and stuff the ratio of these days per week changes constantly. Plus a fair bit of driving time between the 3 places.

So I don't really know where to set it. I don't think I'd say active maybe lightly or should it stay on lightly active to be on safe side?

Replies

• stormy_eyez742
    stormy_eyez742 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this...I'm wondering the same thing. Some days I do very little other days it seems as if I'm on the go the whole day.
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    How's this for an approach? Set the activity level to your average/most frequent type of day (say, lightly active), then, on your more active or very active days, you've built in calories burned bonus.

Or (this may be very time-consuming for logging), but change your activity level each day to the type of day you're having or going to have. MFP will keep that setting until you change it again and the change will only affect your goals on a going-forward basis.
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Average is a good idea but days are so irregular and changing it's practically impossible to determine one
  • puppycloud
    Options
    I've also been wondering about this. I run 3 times a week, and try to fit in some more exercises the other days. But as a student most of my day is still quite sedetary. I've told MFP I'm "lightly active".
  • stormy_eyez742
    stormy_eyez742 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    *bump*