Ladies- can you walk in heels?

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I wear flats to and from work and for grocery shopping - that kind of thing - but I wear a minimum 2.5 inch heel at work and maximum 4 inch heel when going out. I can dance for hours in a well-fitting pair of heels. I won't wear platforms, though - I've seen too many people twist their ankles falling off of them. And frankly, to me these new ones are mostly just ugly and make the wearer look like they have a seious case of Frankenfoot.
  • MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I can't walk in stillettos or any shoe with a thin heel because I don't put even pressure on my feet, so my left heel wears out before my right does and I wind up walking lopsided.

But I will wear wedges, because I love how my legs look in a high shoe, although I'm very selective when and where I wear them because high heels can be painful to walk in for for than 5 blocks. (at least for me)
  • willo78
    willo78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Can't wear stillettos or anything with a fine point heel, but can wear wedges or a block heel for a short period - the joys of having hypermobility syndrome!
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    sure can, but only if the bod is tight...I'm more confident that way
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I used to wear 6 inch heels every day but just can't anymore, my feet ache. :-(
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I always use to laugh when you see girls in horror movies run in their heels and think it wasn't possible, but after years of wearing heels I can honestly say I can pick up quite the speed in heels now! I mean if a serial killer was chasing me with a chainsaw i'd probably chuck em
  • netztoy
    netztoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I can rock some wedge heels...i feel more secure in them:laugh:
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Sure can, although i don't very often. i've got 2 inches on my husband in bare feet, and as much as he likes to look me right in the boobs, i prefer to be close to his level.
  • LifeLongJourney
    Options
    I wear flats a lot in the summer for casual foot wear. I hardly ever wear heels though, but I do have a very high heel that I love that I want to try to learn to walk in, so maybe one day once practice makes perfect.
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I never wear heels, unless they're wedges, and even then I don't wear them very high. It's just not worth having aching feet, IMO.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love my heels all 30+ pairs of them; 3+ inches. Just know there is, however, nothing sexy about a woman in heels that doesn't know how to walk in heels. Luckily I had a "coach", who insisted I practice walking at home in them- the trick? Heel, toe, heel, toe. Been wearing them for 5 years

@cjdstephenson. Glad to hear someone else on here said the same thing I did, basically walk normal. Been wearing them for years and I think those that do the tip toe prance look funny when they walk. Usually I wear 2 1/2 to 3 for day to day, just because it is easier. Have 4 inch for dress. I have a bad knee (ski injury) so anything higher makes it feel stressed.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have lost 50 pounds since June of last year. Prior to this it was too painful to wear heels of anything over 2 inches. I think all the extra weight was just too much to bear on the end calcaneus. Now that I am lighter, I find that walking in heels is not a problem, and as I continue to wear them, they become very comfortable. I do stretch out my calf muscles and hamstrings every night though!
  • shell3986
    shell3986 Posts: 98
    Options
    I Looovvveeee heels! The higher the better :) Try ones that have a little bit thicker of a heel to start out with. They will be way easier to walk in.