CRUNCH Challenge - April 7th CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• Soniabruja
    Options
    OK...I didn't start yesterday my crunches...:blushing:
    It's 9th of april, 7.40 am in Ireland And I will do them now!!!!
    I'll tell you latter how many....:bigsmile:
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    Ufff, I'm back.....

100 crunches
    50 push-ups
    60 lunges

Not bad for the first day, is it?:tongue:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Nice, thats awesome
    and 100 crunches, 50 push-ups, 60 lunges more than me lol

Al
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    Nice, thats awesome
    and 100 crunches, 50 push-ups, 60 lunges more than me lol

Al

Albertio, that means you did nun!!!

:noway: Norttii

_xx
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    827 cals at the gym tho :wink: ohh and a new personal best on the stepper, 414 cals and 102 floors in 15 minutes. :happy:

Al
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    How do I know many cal. did I burned doing the 'exercise' this morning?
    Do I have to put it in the exercise profile???:tongue:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Welcome vdpal and good work Sonia, Al, and Princess! :smile:

Calories... The lunges I do throughout the day, so I don't even count them, but the crunches and push ups take 12 minutes, so I looked it up, and figured it was 150 calories.
    :flowerforyou:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I don't count any cals for the crunches etc

Al

And thanks AJCM, i worked so hard lol :tongue:
  • phollowa
    phollowa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ok, here I go! I measure 31in around the middle...my kindergarteners thought I was nuts as I measured!!:huh:
    Thanks for the challenge!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    pollowa - welcome! I'm sure the kinders were cute - it was an introduction to the measurement unit! (I used to teach 6th grade, and every day we would do some exercise that was as much for my benefit as theirs!).
    :flowerforyou:
  • phollowa
    phollowa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Think they'd like it if we all laid down and did a few crunches? :laugh: I've lost 10 lbs so far and two pants sizes, but I am having THE hardest time losing my middle!!! Darn third child! :wink:
    Pam
  • mrshamm
    mrshamm Posts: 62
    Options
    Yesterday I did
    150 crunches
    50 lunges per leg
    50 push ups
    I can't do regular push ups yet my arms are to weak but its something I'm going to work at.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Good work Mrshamm - don't worry about the push ups! You will build the strength - I still do the ones at the kitchen counter! But I could barely do 10 when I started!
    :smile:
  • mrshamm
    mrshamm Posts: 62
    Options
    I so proud of myself I got up and did it once again. Today I did
    50 lunges per leg
    50 push ups
    200 crunches
    I'm feeling the burn in my legs and arms now but I can't help feeling good about doing. I really didn't think I would be able to do it all, I thought I would have to work my way up. Seeing how far I've come is so great and great movation to keep going.
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hi i have a question when i do my crunches i do 100 and i can feel it in my abs while doing them but shouldn't i feel something the next day? because i don't feel anything and i like to feel a little sore because then i feel like i did something!:happy: oh and another question (hopefully i don't sound too stupid!) where do i measure my middle at? right around the belly button or lower? thanks!
  • AJCM
    Options
    phollowa - no kidding, I would have a "crunch off" with my kids, and the most any kid could ever do was 100! But they LOVED the challenge! Does the 3rd baby really do you in? After my 1st, my stomach bounced back, but this time it's not good... :grumble:

wags - you probably need to increase your number (I'm doing 400 a day, and my hubby 600), or get a ball to challenge yourself, or try more challenging ones (do you do pilates at all)?

Keep it up everyone!
    :tongue:
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    Well, still not measured, but really would love to!
    I focused on my abs last night, and in total, i did 990 crunches! That consisted of floor crunches, with the cradle, obliques on the floor, ball crunches, and high crunches on the vertical bench!

I feel awesome today!

Keep up the good work everyone!
    And wagsgirls, i feel the burn every time i do more than 20 crunches on a row, but i dont always feel it the next day. Like this morning, i dont feel a thing, such as a pain, or avhe in my abs, but AJCM's right, maybe you need to up for amounts. or even make it harder for yourself. If your doing these at the gym, hold a 3kg weight on the back ov your neck, and crunch up holding it there. if you have a bench, set the incline higher, (Your head will be closer to the floor and your feet closer t the ceilng), if this still isnt enough, again hold a weight on your neck!! They get damn hard. If you dont feel a burn after 10 of any of these, ... well then im all out! :laugh:

__x
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I'd recomend holding the weight on your chest instead of your head just to avoid any unwanted stress on the neck.

Happy crunching

Al
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    Fine then, I guess Albertio up there ^^^^ is correct! :grumble: However, it does make it harder if theyre behind your head!

__X
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    It does make it harder you are 100% correct, but in my personal trainer days i noticed alot of people certainly in there early stages of excersie tend to pull on their head/neck while doing the crunch, and this abviously puts un due stress on the neck. Therefore i recomend placing a weight on the chest to avoid this. Even crunching without weights used to suggest placing the hands either lightly on the side of the head or better still on the quads and sliding them up towards the knees as the head is lifted off the floor.

:wink:

Albertio