Seeking help from tall women roughly 5'8''-5'10''!!!

Options

Replies

• annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    5 8 currently 163. large frame, 8 in wrist. but i felt good at 150ish. but my body doesnt really want to get there now. havent lost anything even inches in a couple months but i did "find" my abs this morning!(see profile pic). so im pretty happy. have a lot of toning to do and dont care really if I lose any more. I was bigger at 155 than I am now according to my jeans that I wore three years ago that are now loose in the waist.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    I am 5'8' and my goal weight is 165 for now... I've never weighed less than 178 and I feel like 165 would be right for me.. I don't want to be "skinny" but somewhere in between skinny and thick. I want to feel comfortable. Once I reach 165, I'll make the appropriate changes depending on how comfortable I feel at that weight... Oh and when I talked to my doctor, she said 165 was right for me... I hope this helps :)
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10.5 and have a large frame. My goal weight is 170, My lowest weight was 163 years ago but I didn't look well. If I laid down all you seen were my hip bones( not too sexy,if you ask me) I have large hips so a little cushion will be okay. But it's eachperson's own preference to what weight they are happy att. As long as you don't make yourself look like you have an eating disorder which can easily happen
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    One thing though because it has been so long since I've been close to my goal weight that I find it hard to picture in my head what I will look like. If there are any ladies that are 5'10 or so with a large frame around 170-180lbs. I would love to see pics. Message me if you don't mind
    Thanks in Advance
  • rachelw16
    rachelw16 Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm 5'9, small frame, and my current weight (which I'm maintaining) is 125 lbs :)
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" with a medium frame. My goal weight is 150. My lowest adult weight was 155 but I was trying for my daughter while losing weight. So I'm sure 150 is obtainable. I don't have boobs or a butt..if I did I'd be quite content where I am at 164. Good luck reaching your goals!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and I have a smaller body frame. So my ultimate goal is 135, but I will be happy in the low 140's. That is my goal, because I was there before I had two kids. (even at that point after my first child). I know that I am a size 6 in the low 140's and I am happy with that. I just want to get down to 135 and get really toned...which may bring me back up to the 140's. We will see.
  • GloriaPenguin
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I don't really know what my frame is... but my aim is 140 lbs. I'll get there, see how I like it, and if I'd like to be smaller then I'll get smaller :)
  • cccgrillo
    cccgrillo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and my goal weight is 150. My current weight is 160, been stuck for sometime now, but I have been down to 145 and felt amazing! I am not happy w my current size and would like to be a size 8 or smaller in jeans. It's a superficial goal, I know, but when I have a closet full of 6 and 8 and can't fit in them, and do not want to go buy a new wardrobe, I will keep that as my goal! I also need to tone up around my core, which I am hoping will come w clean eating.
  • rukshanthi
    Options
    I am 5'8", small frame, and my goal weight *right now* is130 - small goals are achievable! I'm 136 (size 7ish) but was 147 (size 8-9) when I first joined MFP:) My final goal weight will probably be125, a size 3. Good luck achieving your goals - remember: small steps will take you far :flowerforyou:
  • shannonperry13
    Options
    i am 5-8 and my goal is 175 right now, but i am hoping that once i get that far, i might be able to go a little lower. :)
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Go to

www.mybodygallery.com

You can enter heights and weights to see what other women look like at those stats
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm 5'8 3/4 and my goal weight is 124-128ish. I have a small frame and I weigh 141 right now. Although, I'm sure I'll be a little over my goal weight when I start toning up this summer. Edit: I'm also a size 6 now and I'd like to be a 4.
  • techiegurl
    Options
    I am 5'9" 3/4, and currently 187, trying to get to 180-175
    I have a dense muscular build, and I guess a medium-large frame.
    Tracking my eating is new to me, and very helpful so far to lose the holiday/stress pounds and get to my goal. Before that, I've always looked fit and only checked how my body felt and looked. Now I want to get back my comfortable 185 and push to see if I can do better and how it will change my looks.
  • fitforyou
    fitforyou Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and 170lbs. I have a medium to large frame. I look and feel great between 158 - 163. I haven't been less than that in years. I'm going to try for 150 - 155. I'm just starting MFP and want to connect with women who have the same goal. Also looking to connect with women who have lost weight while battling hormone fluctuations. :happy:
  • crissyb9502
    Options
    I am 5'10 and currently 153. My goal is to be at 145 - but I'm hoping to be under 150 by Easter! I haven't seen anything under 150 in over 6 years!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, and while I'm not sure how to confirm it, I'm pretty sure I am indeed big-boned, or on the smaller end of large-framed (wrist circumference is 6.5", even at weighing 250lbs plus I have always had bony wrists and elbows, size 11 feet, long fingers and man-sized hands, and most people assume I weight 20-30lbs less than I do) I have medium-broad shoulders and pretty muscular legs, my calves especially.

My original goal was to get down to 160-150lbs (90-100lbs down from my starting weight) but I really want to focus on building strength and muscle for hiking and climbing, so it might be more like 175-160lbs. My lowest adult weight was 172lbs, but I was very unhealthy and "thinner-fat" (I was never skinny lol) so I know my body will look and feel different at that weight this time around. I will get there first and then reassess.
  • StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 7.5" and I would say I am also "long boned" like another poster said and have a more athletic build (or at least I used to). Shoe size is 10 and I buy all my jeans/pants with a 34" inseam. I have never worn jackets smaller than a large because they are either too tight across the shoulders or too short in the arms. The "finger around your wrist" test puts me as small framed but I have long fingers. The wrist measurement puts me at medium framed and the elbow breadth at large framed. So anyway my current weight is 177. In college I was down to 138 lbs but I am now 38 and have had 4 children. My goal weight is set at 158 lbs. I may try for a few pounds lighter but I don't think I would shoot for less than 150.
  • russiardon
    russiardon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and 202 right now :( I've never been this big. My smallest was 124, I still thought I was fat but now I realize I was tooooo skinny... but i've had a problem with eating and dieting my whole life, and I didn't take the healthy way there. Now my goal is 135/140... I felt really good then. Hoping I can make it back :(
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.75" (I usually claim 5'9"). My goal is about 150, maybe 145. That'll put me around 20% body fat, I think.