Ladies what make and model of training shoes do you have?

Options

Replies

• ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! I have Vibram Bikila but am looking for other options as well. Don't get me wrong, I love my FF but I like to switch it up as well.
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have New Balance Minimus WT10's, and they're my second pair in a row. I LOVE them! Since they're minimus shoes, it's the same basic idea as the vibram five fingers, except they dont have individual toes. They allow your own muscles in your feet and legs to do the work instead of your shoes. That builds up more muscles that you don't usually use because we wear shoes so often, but I've noticed that having worn them for a long time that they really help my knee pain and balance, because I have built up more of my own muscle to help support myself instead of relying on shoes or inserts. They say they are trail shoes but for me they're perfect for anything, I wear them on trails but I also wear them at the gym, on a run, playing football, etc. I highly recommend them!

http://www.amazon.com/WT10OR-New-Balance-Minimus-Running/dp/B0056M5A66/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1332073308&sr=8-6
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    i need anything with ultra arch support. i've tried both asics and brooks. both supposedly have a good reputation for my particular foot issue, haha. it's important to get your foot tested for whether it rolls in (or out) so that you know what to buy. i had mine walking on a treadmill and videotaped for free. i used to get shin splints all the time and this fixed the problem, and they said it would.

EDIT: mine are not cross trainers, sorry. they are specifically for running.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Brooks adrenaline. I could do with more support but no one makes arch supports high enough for my freakishly high arches!

I also have Asics for indoor/circuit training, inov8s for off road and vibram 5 fingers for barefoot running!
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I suggest going to a reputable footwear store, like Fleet Feet. They will look at your feet and try and match the correct shoe for YOUR foot. Also my store allows you 90 days to try out the shoes. If you don't like them for ANY reason you can bring them back. That was a great selling point for me because until you start really using the shoes day in and day out, you aren't going to know how they are really working for you. They may be a little pricier than a big box store, but I think they are worth it!
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate this! I have a lot of shoes to try.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    i switched from asics to brookes, and doubt I'd change back. I wear a defyance 4.

I'll get re-fitted in six months or so, when I'm a bit lighter. I also have big feet (UK size 9 - US 11).
  • partonsara
    partonsara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mizuno Wave - love them!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    i switched from asics to brookes, and doubt I'd change back. I wear a defyance 4.

I'll get re-fitted in six months or so, when I'm a bit lighter. I also have big feet (UK size 9 - US 11).

Me too. I used Asics for 18 months, but when I went to get a gait analysis done I was told Asics are better for heavier runners, and I needed something lighter with less cushioning.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I recently got a pair of Skechers GoRuns, which I love! They are running shoes not cross trainers but so light and comfy I want to wear them all the time! I'm a size 7, medium to narrow, high arches :smile:
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I generally love Adidas.. but recently got a pair of Saucony that I really like so far.

http://www.zappos.com/saucony-progrid-ride-4-blue-citron

Nikes are not a good fit for me. I have Fred Flinstone feet. Normal at the heel... wider at the toes. That's why Adidas have worked for me.

I've seen some really cute New Balance on other people but have been unable to find them myself.
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I recently got a pair of Skechers GoRuns, which I love! They are running shoes not cross trainers but so light and comfy I want to wear them all the time! I'm a size 7, medium to narrow, high arches :smile:

Yay! Skechers! I have 3 pair of various style Skechers for working out (not to mention my Skecher sandals, fur-lined clogs & 2 pair of flip-flops). I have found them to be very comfortable for almost everything I do. I could be a Skecher spokesperson. Got the Shape-Ups when they first came out and refuse to wear any other brand. I walked all over Disney World in a name brand shoe in 2009, my legs, hips, and thighs were killing me, they nearly crippled me. I wore my Shape-Ups the next year and could have kept on going! I climb a lot of stairs in my job and find any of my Skechers are comfortable and lightweight. I feel good at the end of the day. :love:
  • jkpugh7
    jkpugh7 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm still new to running but i recently got a pair of Champion Octoflex. They are seriously some of the most comfortable shoes i've owned and by far the lightest. I wear them both working out and at work (I work retail so I'm on my feet 9+ hours of the day). Only thing is I should get some insoles with more arch support, but they're still super comfortable.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    ASICS Women's GEL-Nimbus 13 Running Shoe. Bought because it is a shoe for high arches. I just ordered another pr today.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel baby!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I can only wear New Balance, probably due to the width. I have a pair of 630's right now, they are lightweight and have good support and did not set me back $100's!
  • joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I suggest going to a reputable footwear store, like Fleet Feet. They will look at your feet and try and match the correct shoe for YOUR foot. Also my store allows you 90 days to try out the shoes. If you don't like them for ANY reason you can bring them back. That was a great selling point for me because until you start really using the shoes day in and day out, you aren't going to know how they are really working for you. They may be a little pricier than a big box store, but I think they are worth it!

My shoe is New Balance all the way, not sure which model. I just wanted to ditto the quoted poster. I'm definitely all for going to the pros when it comes to exercise/running shoes. Not having the proper shoes can be dangerous and cause injuries that sideline you and halt weight loss/cause weight gain. I also went to a specialized running/training shoe store and discovered that not only do I have large, wide feet, they are also flat! What a joy to shop for lol. The salesperson there gave me lots of cute options that were the best for my type of foot and also the activities that I was planning on doing in them (also important). The shoes are more expensive but they're always great to workout with, durable, and stylish. I've bought several shoes from this particular store (Philadelphia Runner) and unfortunately I've moved otherwise they'd have my business for life.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Vibram FiveFingers Bikila. They take some getting used to because instead of breaking the shoes in, the shoes break your feet in. That said, other than having to develop some new callouses, I've never had more comfortable shoes. In any other shoe, my feet, ankles, shins and knees start burning after the first few steps. I want on a seven mile hike with these and other than a blister (I hadn't developed callouses yet), nothing hurt, not even any muscle soreness the next day.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Brooks Trance :)
  • nickelsthoughts
    Options
    I wish I had read this thread last week. I was just at a sporting good store trying on shoes. I loved my adidas Konadia 4 TR Running. I loved them but they were getting beat up so I wanted a new pair. I tried on Sketchers but my feet looked like they were wrapped in pillows and I didn't like how BIG they made my feet look. Next I tried on Asics but they rubbed the top of my big toe. Ouch. Then there was Reebok, a different Adidas even Nike. I was about to give up when the sales lady asked me if I needed help. She found me Nike Air Pegasus wide width. They are running shoes but i love them. They were so comfortable and didn't make my feet look monstorous (at size 10 I definitely have big feet). I've always had a problem buying shoes, so I usually avoid doing so, but I love when I find a pair I really like!