BUTTERFINGER CAKE

Options
124»

Replies

• Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Why don't the people who have an issue with this just choose to not make/eat this cake?
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    INGREDIENTS:
    Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe - Devil's Food Cake Mix, 1/12 package
    Nestle - Butterfinger 2 Pc King Size, 1 container (2 pieces ea.)
    Diet Coke Can (12 Fl oz), 12 fl oz
    Smuckers - Fat Free Chocolate Sundae Syrup, 0.5 container (28 tbsp ea.)
    Smucker's - Fat Free Carmel Syrup, 0.5 container (28 tbsp ea.)
    Kraft Cool Whip - Fat Free , 0.5 container (152 tbsp ea.)

DIRECTIONS:
    Mix cake mix and coke together & blend well, place in a greased 9x13 pan and bake as directed on box or until tooth pic comes out clean. As soon as you take it out of the oven, poke hole in the cake with a toothpick and pour both, the chocolate topping sauce and carmel topping sauce over the hot cake and let cool. Once cool, spread the cool whip topping over top of cake, after crushing Butterfinger bars up( I usually put them in a ziplock bag and beat the crap out of it) and sprinke over top of cake and serve

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe - Devil's Food Cake Mix, 1/12 package 180 35 4 2
    Nestle - Butterfinger 2 Pc King Size, 1 container (2 pieces ea.) 460 76 18 6
    Deleted - Diet Coke Can (12 Fl oz), 12 fl oz 0 0 0 0
    Smuckers - Fat Free Chocolate Sundae Syrup, 0.5 container (28 tbsp (39g) ea.) 700 168 0 7
    Smucker's - Fat Free Carmel Syrup, 0.5 container (28 tbsp ea.) 700 175 0 7
    Kraft Cool Whip - Fat Free , 0.5 container (152 tbsp ea.) 570 114 0 0
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 2610 568 22 22
    Per Serving: 174 calories // 38 Carbs // 1 Fat // 1 Protein

Given the fact that you use the whole box of cake mix. This changes the calorie count as follows based on 12 servings.

Per Serving:

422 Calories

86 Carbs

7 Fat

4 Protein

2 Fiber

So based on this count, so may reconsider making this. It's more than 1/3 of my daily calories so not doable for me, but others may enjoy it. Each to their own.

^ This. Yes the calories were wrong.
    But it's not hard to be polite when people post things on here instead of getting moody because it's like "putting an ice cream parlor in a gym". People post TONS of recipes on here. There's no reason to be rude.. it's easy to just move on to a different post. =/

I'd say maybe make an angel food cake, mix some chocolate syrup with the fat free Cool Whip, put a dollop of that on top, and sprinkle with butterfinger crumbs. :)
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Lighten up you ****s! Everything is healthy in the right quantity, even if that quantity is zero. A little slice of cake won't kill you or make you fat. Eating the whole thing will.

Thank you!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    When I opened this thread, I thought it must be a joke because there was no way in this world that that could turn out being anything but calorically atrocious, LOL. Nice recipe!
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    It's never good logic to reward weight loss with food especially when first beginning a new diet/fitness routine. A better suggestion is buy a new outfit or get a new haircut.

Agreed! Every ten pounds I lose, I reward myself with a new DVD, gadget, or (when I reach 50 pound loss) a haircut!

My friends are fond of saying, "Don't treat yourself like a dog." A.K.A., don't reward yourself with food.
  • issimablue
    Options
    Sounds awful .... simples!!
  • Destinyshalo
    Destinyshalo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    r
    It's never good logic to reward weight loss with food especially when first beginning a new diet/fitness routine. A better suggestion is buy a new outfit or get a new haircut.

Agreed! Every ten pounds I lose, I reward myself with a new DVD, gadget, or (when I reach 50 pound loss) a haircut!

My friends are fond of saying, "Don't treat yourself like a dog." A.K.A., don't reward yourself with food.

I've tried to make all my 10 pound rewards be geared toward health items. A new Skinny Ms. Crockpot cookbook, HRM, fancy smancy food scale to replace my little rickety one, a fancy smancy set of bathroom scales, ankle weights & water weights for the pool and new walking shoes.

Before MFP if I rewarded myself for something good in my life, it always involved food. It still involves food in a certain way but not by going out to a restaurant except for very special occasions.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    r

I've tried to make all my 10 pound rewards be geared toward health items. A new Skinny Ms. Crockpot cookbook, HRM, fancy smancy food scale to replace my little rickety one, a fancy smancy set of bathroom scales, ankle weights & water weights for the pool and new walking shoes.

Before MFP if I rewarded myself for something good in my life, it always involved food. It still involves food in a certain way but not by going out to a restaurant except for very special occasions.

YAY!! Nice reward system! I'm doing the same thing :)
  • dede1988
    dede1988 Posts: 11
    Options
    This looks so good!

BUMP!!
  • mullensamy
    Options
    I have a foster child arriving tomorrow... and it also happens to be his birthday! I'm going to make this cake so that we can have a birhtday party for him. What some critical people don't understand is that while I might be trying to loose a few pounds (well, actually a lot of pounds), that doesn't mean that my whole family has to go without birthday cake as well. This is a fabulous alternative to traditional and store-bought cakes. Thank you very much for posting this in the "Recipes" section because it is, in fact, a recipe. :0)
  • cdperry76
    Options
    bump
  • rooney17202
    Options
    bump