so how long do you need to excercise each day to loose weigh

so how long to you need each day to excercise i personally excercise 30 min a day doing cardio and i havent really lost anything yet sooo should i still keep doing cardio for 30 min or should i do more

Replies

• natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    so how long to you need each day to excercise i personally excercise 30 min a day doing cardio and i havent really lost anything yet sooo should i still keep doing cardio for 30 min or should i do more
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    I think it varies a lot from person to person. I usually do just 20-30 minutes cardio (kickboxing, aerobics, cardio-interval strength training videos) 4 days during the week and then jog/walk up to 60 minutes Saturday and Sunday - usually about 20 minutes jogging, 30 minutes walking in between 5 minute sections of jogging.

I am COMPLETELY honest with my food diary. Every little bit that goes in is accounted for. And If I don't break a sweat, I don't log it as exercise. So even though housekeeping is in the fitness log, I do that anyway, it's not really extra, and I don't break a sweat. I've also heard that it's really important to switch up your routine so that your body doesn't get used to the same ol' exercises.

These are just a couple tips that have helped me! Hope they help you, too!
  • I believe that if you log your true exercise minutes and food calories and keep them so the balance is near zero, you will lose weight. It just makes sense, so it has to work. Stick with logging in faithfully, exercising regularly, and eating healthy......and you will lose weight.

Of course, I may not be the best one to give advice today. I went way over my calories, so I had to work out for almost 2 hours to burn off most of the excess calories. Aaaahhhh!! I'm praying that it will all balance out. I think I've learned my lesson though! Tomorrow is definitely going to be better.

Stick with it and be strong!

Remember that a deficit of 3500 = one pound loss
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Remember that a deficit of 3500 = one pound loss

I would say "one pound of FAT".
    That makes a difference since muscles are heavier than fat.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member

natasha,
    Technically, you don't have to work out at all, it's about calories in vs calories burned. So if you keep a deficit, you will lose weight. But creating a deficit without any exercise will expose area's that were full of fat before, and if you don't replace them with some muscle and fitness, you'll just be out of shape and thin (and probably flabby and weak :tongue: ). This site is about a healthy lifestyle, so we almost always promote total fitness, which includes some level of exercise (usually based on your fitness level)