On day 8 and need pals!

Options
So, I stumbled across this app when curiosity led me to look up the calorie content of a hard boiled egg. I have never counted calories before. In the past I lost weight rather easily by making some sensible choices and minimal excersice. However, over the past few years 65+pounds have crept (rather, leapt) up on me. So far, logging what I eat has made me VERY aware of my calorie intake. I shudder to think of how much I ate before MFP! I would love some accountability buddies.

Replies

• jennasuer
    jennasuer Posts: 19
    Options
    I started the Insanity program last Sunday and I was hoping to show a weight loss this morning but nothing. So I found this app and hopefully it will help keep me accountable.
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    I use to think counting calories was for the birds. Now I'm addicted to counting calories and exercising! You can add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • smiles444409
    smiles444409 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hello, I'm on a journey to lose weight and lower my blood sugar. Would love some buddies add me if you like
  • janmar57
    janmar57 Posts: 13
    Options
    i have lost weight before with slimming world but dont like the club thing really.i still cook their recipes because i like them. me and hubby did it together last time and i lost 3st. i have put a stone back on and as we go to spain at the end of april i want to lose as much as i can before then. i found out about this site from some one on a motor home forum of all places. i think its great as it certainly makes me think before i eat any thing. i am type 1 diabetic so the carb count is brilliant for me. good luck and i will happily be your buddy:smile:
  • vermurrgarv
    Options
    go ahead add me lets do it.
  • Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    i was in great shape before having my daughter and was able to eat much differently than i can now. I have struggled for the last few years trying to get rid of the 50 lbs. i've gained with little success. I was shocked to see how many calories were in the GOOD food i thought i was eating! Feel free to add me as a friend. i work best with some accountability also :)
  • biziebun
    biziebun Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have never counted calories before so this is my first time as well. Add me too, we can work on this as well. But to be a pal of mine i need your you to SUPER honest. No sugar coating anything, if you reply to any of my post or daily logs. Even if you think it will hurts my feeling. I need the motivation.
  • philco41
    philco41 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what you learn about food, habits and yourself when you start keeping careful track. Yesterday was my birthday and my family took me out to eat. It was the first time I've gone over my allotment in over 30 days on the program, and I was still under 2500 calories for the day, so I don't feel too bad. (It did help that I had walked an hour that day..) But I love MFP because it makes it easy to keep a diary.
  • candysheree81
    Options
    I just started on Tuesday fed up with all the fad diets! I'm still trying to lose baby weight which my daughter is now 6:smile! Lets do it!
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want, People on here are great and really good info. Welcome and good luck
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like.... I am very supportive and I'm here everyday!!!!! I try to workout and stay under my calorie goal everyday (I might have a bad day once in a while). :smile:
  • danielamariaxo
    Options
    I need some motivation too! You can add me!
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :-) You can never have to many friends. I love this site. It has helped me a lot.
  • groberts5583
    groberts5583 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want, I'm a calorie counting addict. 2 years ago I was 85 lbs heavier than I am now and was astonished how much I was taking in and how easy simple math led to weight loss.
  • kate_mariebug
    Options
    welcome to MFP :) feel free to add
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Please add me if you would like. I have been doing this for about 2-3 months. I take steps forward and then back. And I am always looking for anyone to help encourage me and that the little things I do might encourage them.
  • Vsander48
    Options
    i need someone to help me stay on track an make sure i have success in my weight loss!! feel free to add mee
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Add me, i'm here every day.
  • KatieQ90s
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I just started too :) I've tried really hard to lose weight in the past, but lost motivation. I'm hoping that this time I'll succeed :smile:
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, this website rocks, I have had the most success using this tool, as apposed to anything else (keeping a written diary, other weightloss sites)