Getting a great body with no equipment

Options
Anybody workout at home with no equipment and see really great results? I mean, I guess something is better than nothing, but is something like a gym membership worth it or can I do just as well without it?

I'm looking for folks who have done this and are happy with the results they've gotten at home.

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it. You don't need much, just gravity and some creativity with excercise. You can do pushups close in, wide, and normal. You can do a handstand and do push ups, for shoulders. You can put your feet up on a chair and push up from the floor. Doing it all these different ways hits different muscles in your chest. You can squat for 60 seconds, with your back against the wall for your legs. Sit ups are always easy. There is so much more. I'd just google it. There's tons of exercises you can do. And, yes, you will get results if you work.

The only thing is, I think for your back, you need something because you have to pull. But, you could buy a band for pretty cheap and use that. Or, just buckets of sand for weight and attach them to a large dowel. Just get creative.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    The one thing that makes more people drawn towards weights is how easy it is to progressively add resistance. You have to be more creative when doing so with a bodyweight exercise only routine.
  • tuckersrunner
    Options
    Depending on how involved your workout routine will be there is no reason not to expect great results at home. If you like workouts on DVD or need some motivators there are lots of great ones out there. There are walking, and resistance training as well as military style "boot camps". I like to play on the kinect with the kids-the obstacle course is awesome. But I have really liked the Firm series in the past_I mute their music and play my own_theirs is pretty bad, but the moves are great, I also like CathE she is morer boot camp style, and really tough!
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Besides running and other basic cardio stuff you see in videos, there isn't much you can do. If you're looking for muscle definition, abs, and such, you will have to pick up some weights. Simply using your own body weight won't do, as your muscles are already used to carrying that weight and won't develop any further. As far as just a lean skinny look, you can probably find thousands of cardio vids on youtube or just go outside and run.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Depends on what results you are looking for. If you want definition, you will need some kind of weights. I mean it doesn't have to be dumbbell or any other weights specifically for workouts, and you can be creative (like homemade sandbag or something).
  • sionlikesmusic
    Options

The only thing is, I think for your back, you need something because you have to pull. But, you could buy a band for pretty cheap and use that. Or, just buckets of sand for weight and attach them to a large dowel. Just get creative.

I think you're right with that, the back is a tricky one, but there's a series of videos on YouTube that I've seen and the guy there reckons you can do some good toning exercises just with a towel itself - he banks on the resistance you create pulling on a towel or whatever. The only downside with those kind of "advisors" is that you just have to take it at face value I guess, cause nowadays pretty much anyone can become a self-appointed fitness advisor on YouTube.