For all my ZUMBA LOVERS

Options

Replies

• lannna17
    lannna17 Posts: 19
    Options
    Love love love Zumba!! It's so motivating to see everyone's results since I'm just starting!!
  • mommy2b2
    mommy2b2 Posts: 43
    Options
    LOVE Zumba! I have lost 65 pounds and gone from a size 16 to a 4. I loved it so much that I took the instructor training. SO SO SO much fun!!
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Zumba addict right here!!! lol I go at least 4 or 5 times a week and have also started doing the Zumba toning classes. I have lost about 30+ doing it, and lots of inches...my body has changed so much because of it. Eventually I'd like to get certified to teach it. I absolutely LOVE my instructors, they are so fun & motivating! The gym is so boring now. ZZZzzzzzzz
  • ninalovinglife
    Options
    get the zumba dvds they have beginners and advanced I love doing it. I just started last week and I am in love with the dvd. its for 30 mins only but its a good workout
  • ninalovinglife
    Options
    Ok so help me out i love doing the zumba dvd and i am not very coordinated lol lol i laugh at myself but I keep dancing on the parts and cant do well is that ok?
  • tjortegon
    tjortegon Posts: 26
    Options
    There are so many great stories.. I'm so happy to hear we have so many future instructors here.!! KUDOS... Don't let anyone stop you from reaching your goals and dreams you can do anything you set your mind to... I know this to be true... We can all support each other and be of great encouragement... Glad to have you all as friends feel free to friend each other..

Someone asked what to do if they can't do a particular step.. I like to tell my class to march it out or take it side to side but never stop moving keep that heart rate up... eventually you'll get it... have fun and let's ZUMBA!!!!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I did zumba for curves last year. I was doing so good and I even took zumba classes on post which is free :) but then I got pregnant and I really do miss it. Now I hope to start soon with it. I love ZUMBA! :)
  • anglyn97
    anglyn97 Posts: 13
    Options
    Is the Zumba DVDs / Video Games work well or is it worth it to go to classes? I am just getting back into exercising and i don't know if I would survive a class.
  • geesdubya
    geesdubya Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've finally been brave enough to Zumba and I have done two Zumba classes. They are fun!!!
  • tanga_gurl
    tanga_gurl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Soooooooo love zumba! I only do it once a week as the other class times don't fit in. Im the most unco person in the world but I find it hilarious and don't mind making a dork of myself =)
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    LOVE zumba! At least 1-2 a week, at the gym and ps3
  • Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I go to live classes 4 times a week :) I don't know exactly how much of my weight loss is due to Zumba but I know its a big contribution! :)
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Been wanting to try it but my two left feet keep me from diving in just yet
  • sexycute
    sexycute Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I do it twice a week. I just bought a Zumba DVD so I can do it more often. I have lost 15lbs. since January. The best advice I got from a Zumba instructor was to move with purpose. Don't make small moves. Make big moves! It makes all the difference! You gotta get your sweat on!
  • Fowa
    Fowa Posts: 9
    Options
    would like to try Zumba. How much does it cost Is there a DVD or WII game? I am a senior citizen with little income so I need to watch my pennies, but would love to find a way to do Zumba or atleast try it.
  • Fowa
    Fowa Posts: 9
    Options
    wow, so many Zumba dvds and high cost. Which one is good to start with? any advice?
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba and Bokwa for the last 10 weeks, just gained 4lbs pounds but losing inches! x
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    wow, so many Zumba dvds and high cost. Which one is good to start with? any advice?

I would definitely recommend zumba wii. it's fab! x
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba, it was really fun... HOWEVER I am so not coordinated for it, me and my sister looked like dorks! LOL.

I'm sure I do, but if it eventually makes me a fit and healthy dork, I don't care! LOL

^
    This. but being the ONLY guy with a class of 20-30 women, I really stick out. :embarassed:
    Used to be 2 other guys with me. 1 enrolled in college so can't attend anymore and the other, a older gentleman in his 60's hurt himself recently so is taking a month or 2 to recover.
  • CindyRx
    CindyRx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My daughters do the Wii Zumba with me. We love it! Eventually I'd like to try a class, but for now with the time I have available and the need to learn more moves the Wii Zumba is enough for me. I can't wait to branch out though because I always felt like if I could go to a dance club everyday that would be the perfect exercise regimen. Just replace the drinks with water ;)