Ideas to not "pig out" on candy, please.

Options
2»

Replies

• 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    if you break down and buy some, throw it in the freezer. i find i sometimes forget about it. If i don't, i tend to eat less of it, maybe cuz it is so cold in my mouth...
  • barkfitness
    Options
    I allowed myself 9 Hershey kisses with almonds today and just realized I only ate 3! :-) I think I will pass on the other 6. :-)
  • anglyn97
    anglyn97 Posts: 13
    Options
    I buy candy and cookies sometimes. I still have a box of GC cookies. What I do is split them up into 100 calorie packs or put them in a container with the calories per each one listed on top. So I can have one if I want but I factor them into my calories or at least I'm more aware of the calories I'm putting away instead of mindlessly eating them with no regard to calories. Same thing I do for any sweets or anything I bake. I plug recipes into a recipe builder and see how many calories first. So far it has worked within reason. I mean if you want a candy bar, have one... but make sure you exercise to burn more calories or cut back on something later. The one good thing about the weight watchers system is it gives you a days worth of "points" to play around with during the week or to splurge during the week. The mentality is that you can allow yourself some give with your diet and not fall off the wagon.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Out of sight, out of mind. That's the most important part.

I find although it's more expensive, if you must have some, buy the smaller quantities.

Also, try to enjoy the experience of it rather than consume it. Take time to savor the guilty pleasure.
    This really helps if you upgrade from cheap junk chocolate to quality chocolate.

That's what I do too! I now can only have the "gourmet" kind of sweets now. It is a bit more spendy than convenient store chocolate but for me that's what makes it more special and more like a "treat" for certain occasions. Milky Ways and Hershey bars don't do anything for me anymore - thank goodness.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm not an overly 'sweet toothed' person - but if I do really want a fix I tend to grab a handful of grapes, rinse them then put them in a freezer bag in the freezer - they're like frozen sweeties!

Banana is really good frozen too - if you mash it up it's like banana ice cream.

Other than that just try to portion things out so that they're in your calorie goal. If you really crave sweets or chocolate then why not already pre-log one treat per day into your diary, that way you know you have something to look forward to and it's portioned out so you won't fall off the wagon.

I guess other than that, a bit of willpower. If all else fails, don't buy them ;)
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    the best way not to pig out is dont have it in the house. Out of sight out of mind.

EXACTLY lol...
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Well I think weightloss and dieting is all about will power. Having willpower to cut out certain things or only allow yourself to have a little of that. Theres still days Ill have what ever I want but, I know not to have it everyday if I wanna get somewhere right? I love the 100 calorie snacks when Im craving chocolate.. I sometimes have 100 something calories left to my day and ill have one of these. I dont personally go out and buy all the bad stuff that got me to have to lose weight in the first place.