Peanut Butter Cups

Options
omid990
omid990 Posts: 785 Member
I just made the peanut butter cups off of the hungry website and omg it was so good:love:

i didn't follow the recipe exactly as it was on the site but here is what i did:

i whisked together 1/3 cup of peanut butter with 1 cup of cool whip. then i folded in the rest of the 8oz container. I spooned this mixture into cupcake liner thingies (can't think of the technical term for them at the moment:grumble: ) and then covered each with a tablespoon of hershey's chocolate syrup. I let that freeze for a couple of hours and omg it was soooo good. They were all fluffy and yummy.

the calories for each came out to be a a little over a hundred.

Replies

• nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    oh my yummy! but what is the "hungry website" just curious!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I just made the peanut butter cups off of the hungry website and omg it was so good:love:

i didn't follow the recipe exactly as it was on the site but here is what i did:

i whisked together 1/3 cup of peanut butter with 1 cup of cool whip. then i folded in the rest of the 8oz container. I spooned this mixture into cupcake liner thingies (can't think of the technical term for them at the moment:grumble: ) and then covered each with a tablespoon of hershey's chocolate syrup. I let that freeze for a couple of hours and omg it was soooo good. They were all fluffy and yummy.

That sounds awesome. Thanks
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    oh my yummy! but what is the "hungry website" just curious!
    Hungry-girl . com

Those look fantastic! I may have to go buy some cool whip and hershey's syrup. :tongue:
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    OMG, love that website...and I get the newsletters but I never would have thought of that recipe! YUM!!!
    Need to add coolwhip and hershey's to the grocery list for tomorrow!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this!!!!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I wonder if it would work with real whipped cream? Since cool whip is not real food, I was wondering!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bumpin this to look at later, this sounds like a nice treat
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options

They have a website?? And no one told me? lol I want the book, but can't afford any extras right now.

I'm going to have to make those. My poor hubby was craving sweets badly, and is trying hard to be good, so I don't get discouraged. :flowerforyou:
  • ecrb77
    ecrb77 Posts: 78
    Options
    thanks for posting this- sounds awesome!:bigsmile:

google the "hungry girl" and it'll bring up the website!
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    what is cool whip? im assuming its an american brand...is it canned whipped cream??
  • Melissa_123
    Melissa_123 Posts: 115
    Options
    can't wait to try this..thanks!
  • Melissa_123
    Options
    what is cool whip? im assuming its an american brand...is it canned whipped cream??

Haha, yes, But it comes in a tub (maybe canned now, too) but you can get fat free or sugar free.
  • Melissa_123
    Options

for it to add up to 100 calories was it fat free or sugar free and Natural peanut butter?
  • czewwhat
    Options

cool whip is an artificial substitute for whipped cream. frozen, in a tub. I don't eat it.
  • czewwhat
    Options
    For those who never read it, here is the cool whip info:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/48241-a-delicious-blend-of-sugar-wax-and-condom-lube

enjoy!
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    YUM!
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options

I am wondering if you could substitute something like Marshmallow Fluff for the cool whip?

Something to experiment with.
  • czewwhat
    Options
    I have a very long way to go to eat everything "clean" not preaching, but I never liked the stuff before I knew!
    I bought a tub of it once and accidentally left it out before preparing my recipe. I was horrified when I opened it, it looked like a lump of waxy curdled milk floating in oily looking water! Can you imagine what it does to your arteries?

So has anyone tried the peanut butter cups with real whipped cream?
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    sounds delicious but people on here have scared me from the delicious coolwhip :grumble: :laugh:
  • omid990
    Options

for it to add up to 100 calories was it fat free or sugar free and Natural peanut butter?

nope. it was with regular cool whip and generic store-brand peanut butter. if you were to substitute it with fat free cool whip and sugar free chocolate, it would have a much lower calorie count.
  • omid990
    Options
    I have a very long way to go to eat everything "clean" not preaching, but I never liked the stuff before I knew!
    I bought a tub of it once and accidentally left it out before preparing my recipe. I was horrified when I opened it, it looked like a lump of waxy curdled milk floating in oily looking water! Can you imagine what it does to your arteries?

So has anyone tried the peanut butter cups with real whipped cream?

i don't know if it will work because real whip cream is so temperamental if you over-stir it. also, i've always had a problem freezing real whip cream.